The Student Room Group

Adult nursing offers - Scotland

Hello. just thought i'd start a little thread for nursing applicants to scottish unis.

I applied over a month ago, and haven't heard anything back yet. Is anyone else in the same boat in scotland? Feel like im refreshing my emails hourly :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I have applied to Napier, Robert Gordon and Dundee! Only heard back from Dundee though :frown: What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hello :smile: ye i applied for dundee, rgu, GCU, napier and stirling. Kinda glad im not the only one waiting. Arghh.:smile:
Reply 3
Just noticed your other thread. Ive applied for adult nursing for all. Have you applied for child nursing? :smile:
Reply 4
I applied for both! I have an adult interview for dundee so far! Are you planning on studying at the Dundee campus for Adult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Ye hoping too. That would be my 1st choice, as im from near Dundee.

I have family Near dundee and fife.. so either campus would be ok. But the Dundee campus is so much better for me. Loads more going on& all my friends are there. Where are you from?

Congrats on your interview by the way & good luck when it comes around
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
I've applied to Glasgow Caledonian and Edinburgh, but I haven't heard from either since the confirmation of your application enail. It's making me so nervous! I'm from Northern Ireland so I've applied to queens and ulster as well, but no emails from them either!! Ahhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Same :s-smilie: still no word either. When did you apply? i think i sent mine away 3rd January. And all ive had is Confirmation emails too.

I know a few friends who have already had interviews at Dundee, stirling and Glasgow for Adult nursing.. But i think they applied back in November. I really need to sign out of my hotmail. my refresh button is breaking :eek:
Reply 8
I sent my application away in November! For adult I am hoping fife campus as I live like 15 minutes away from it! But for child it will be Dundee!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
You only applied a month ago. You won't hear for a while yet.

I applied in October and only heard from Glasgow 2 weeks ago, and still waiting on Edinburgh. Although I've heard that Edinburgh look at all applications after the January deadline.
Reply 10
Yeh i heard that too about Edinburgh. More likey looking about March time unfortunately :frown:.

I know. It feels like forever. I think im going to maybe just try relax for a few weeks - if i can.

Hopefully we will hear soon :tongue:
Reply 11
glasgow cali nursing.. still waiting, the wait is killing me, dont think i'll get in due to not having recent study, 5 years since last study, hoping some amount of work will count though and fact i have the grades, if it doiesnt i'll do an access course next year, would like to know now tho so i know what route i'm going!
Reply 12
Original post by skellynet
glasgow cali nursing.. still waiting, the wait is killing me, dont think i'll get in due to not having recent study, 5 years since last study, hoping some amount of work will count though and fact i have the grades, if it doiesnt i'll do an access course next year, would like to know now tho so i know what route i'm going!

Im in the same situation. I have the relevant required grages but its been 4 years since my last course. :frown: It would be helpful to know too.. so i can start planning..

I applied to GCU at the start of Jan. And ive still not heard back. Stirling is the only applicant day ive received so far. Have you applied anywhere else?
Hi,

'Im also waiting for a reply from GCU, Im currently doing Access at University of Glasgow and have applied for adult Nursing there, I had my interview on Wednesday, GCU is my second choice. Seems a lot of people are waiting to hear from them. I aslo applied to West of Scotland but they rejected my application witihin about an hour of receiving it because they do not accept my access course, wish GCU was so quick responding. Im glad im not the only person who is constantly checking Ucas Track !
Reply 14
Original post by kellymoss2006
Hi,

'Im also waiting for a reply from GCU, Im currently doing Access at University of Glasgow and have applied for adult Nursing there, I had my interview on Wednesday, GCU is my second choice. Seems a lot of people are waiting to hear from them. I aslo applied to West of Scotland but they rejected my application witihin about an hour of receiving it because they do not accept my access course, wish GCU was so quick responding. Im glad im not the only person who is constantly checking Ucas Track !

Oh no:eek: sorry to hear that..
Yeh i feel slightly better knowing im not the only one too. Heres hoping we will hear in a few weeks. GCU is up there with my top choices... :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by xlouisemellsx
Im in the same situation. I have the relevant required grages but its been 4 years since my last course. :frown: It would be helpful to know too.. so i can start planning..

I applied to GCU at the start of Jan. And ive still not heard back. Stirling is the only applicant day ive received so far. Have you applied anywhere else?

I just applied to Cali as I will be living from home and relying on public transport! good luck, I applied 14th Jan and got an response saying wud here between 1st feb and end March... checking every day!
Reply 16
Hopefully we will all hear soon!
Reply 17
Original post by skellynet
I just applied to Cali as I will be living from home and relying on public transport! good luck, I applied 14th Jan and got an response saying wud here between 1st feb and end March... checking every day!

Yeh same :s-smilie:
Good luck to you too though!!:tongue:

Just glad im not the only one stressing.. :redface:
Reply 18
Eeee! :biggrin:
Just got invited to an assessment at University of Edinbugh- 8th March :smile:
I've applied to Stirling, QMU, Dundee, UWS and Napier. Already had my interviews at Stirling and UWS, and got interviews at Napier and Dundee next week. Still waiting to hear back from QMU.

No rejections/offers yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending