The Student Room Group

Burkas for Female Babies.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jacob :)
It actually fits well with lots of Islam's logic. Blame the victim not the criminal.

What Islamic logic does it fit with? You've already been told those below the age of puberty are exempt from these laws and that the 'fatwa' was condemned. What's your issue? Let me put it simply: Islam says no. Sheikh says yes. Sheikh is therefore wrong.
How can you blame Islam when Islam has made the ruling clear and some rogue character is clearly going against it? You got some trash reasoning mate.
I don't think this is a serious problem with Islam, as was pointed out, it is not required for pre pubescent children to wear a burqa . The real problem is that anyone could suggest, anyone not wearing a burqa is rapeable, whether a baby, a child or a grandmother.
Original post by SkyS0h1
What Islamic logic does it fit with? You've already been told those below the age of puberty are exempt from these laws and that the 'fatwa' was condemned. What's your issue? Let me put it simply: Islam says no. Sheikh says yes. Sheikh is therefore wrong.
How can you blame Islam when Islam has made the ruling clear and some rogue character is clearly going against it? You got some trash reasoning mate.

One of the main reasonings behind women being made to wear a Burka is to stop them getting raped. You are therefore imposing something on the victim. The only issue that should be adressed with force is that of the criminal not the victim.
Reply 23
One of the main reasonings behind women being made to wear a Burka is to stop them getting raped. You are therefore imposing something on the victim. The only issue that should be adressed with force is that of the criminal not the victim.

No it's not. That's a common misconception; a simplistic and silly view. If someone has the intent to rape they will rape regardless of what you are wearing. Muslim women wear the hijab to protect their modesty so their beauty is kept intact for their husbands and female companions. It is so they do not draw unnecessary attention to themselves and this can help them avoid being the subject of petty harassment and disrespectful behaviour; e.g. girls with tight short clothes are more likely to be whistled at than a woman covered in loose, long clothing. Nothing to do with rape just protecting women from becoming eye candy for the layman and giving them their due respect as mothers, wives, sisters and daughters of society. This is also emphasised in their actions and behaviour and applies to both and women; we as Muslims are encouraged to avoid being loud and coarse and to avoid freemixing where it is not necessary and to adopt the best of mannerisms. This is hijab in general and this is considered compulsory. The burqa (the face veil) is not considered compulsory by the majority of Muslims but is optional and the efforts made by the women to wear it is commended. As hijab in genera is focused around preserving a womans beauty, some have deemed it appropriate to also cover the face and it is their attempt to best follow the religion and get closer to Allah. This has nothing to do with preventing rape and is widely considered optional and unnecessary which is why the sheikh sounds absurd; it makes no logical sense. Islam imposes nothing on the victims and neither places blame on them- do not confuse wayward Muslims with Islam. Also Islam stresses that there is no compulsion in the deen (religion) no one should be forced to practice a certain way against their will. If this is not consistent with the behaviour of the Muslims you cannot blame Islam. If you want to know more or have other queries PM me.
If a woman shaves her head does she still have to wear a headscarf?
what?
Reply 26
Original post by de_monies
Why'd you even have to resurrect the thread?

It actually fits well with lots of Islam's logic. Blame the victim not the criminal.

genuinely didn't even look at the date, thought it was a new thread :redface:
Reply 27
Original post by Rosaknows
This is ridiculous. They should be punishing the men for looking, not the females for, well, existing. I am absolutely shocked that this would even be thought of and disgusted that people are actually taking it seriously. As usual, the males of the Islamic world have found another way to degrade females, congrats to them.

Please don't regard the action of one muslim as the action of the other.
And if you read the article you would see that he was criticized.
Every time I hear something about Saudi Arabia, it makes me wish it was on a different planet.
Reply 29
I wonder how different poor Aisha's life would have been if she'd have worn a burkha as a baby ...
Reply 30

I hope you get over your obsession with Islam.
Original post by S4LM4N
I hope you get over your obsession with Islam.

Surely it's Muslims who are obsessed with it?
How dumb ! How are you truly moral if you can't control yourself ? If your pet monkey was a sexual temptation, you would have to burka that too I expect.
Original post by TheFrozenLake.
Islamic law dictates that girls should start to wear a headscarf /hijab once they reach puberty.

Muhammed (PBUH) said;

“The Pen has been lifted from three: from the child until he reaches puberty, from the sleeper until he wakes up, and from the one who has lost his mind until he recovers.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4402).

In Islam we believe a person becomes accountable for their sins once they reach puberty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That could be interpreted a dozen different ways. I think the real sin is women and children being dictated to by men based on a book that wasn't even justifiable in the days it was written let alone now. Fine, the moon reflects the sun and all that baloney, it's hardly a prediction any more than simple logic.

The only one sinning when a women is attacked or harassed due to a lack of modesty is the man himself. if he can't control his thoughts/actions he is obviously an inferior species that should be locked away until he is able to control himself. Women should not be accountable for mans crimes, they are accountable for their own.

Women! walk free and proud and don't allow any man to dictate your fashion or behavior. You where born FREE and untied to any sector, religion or other person... and where not born with a pouch to carry a burdenous scripture around with you, so making it an extension of your life is your choice.
It's a shame that women in Muslim countries are being killed when they protest against wearing a head scarf, yet women in this country remain modest with regards to the mans wishes, when they have the full law on their side to stand in solidarity with these women in foreign countries. I understand the fear that some women must have, but i would hope if it where me suppressed by a man (at least in the UK) I would stand up for myself and protest for my other women's rights. The women who do, are courageous and deserve medals, because they are fighting for the women of the world not just themselves.
Original post by DoubleYikes
It's a shame that women in Muslim countries are being killed when they protest against wearing a head scarf, yet women in this country remain modest with regards to the mans wishes, when they have the full law on their side to stand in solidarity with these women in foreign countries. I understand the fear that some women must have, but i would hope if it where me suppressed by a man (at least in the UK) I would stand up for myself and protest for my other women's rights. The women who do, are courageous and deserve medals, because they are fighting for the women of the world not just themselves.

I've been to Turkey, Egypt and Morocco. In all of these countries I saw plenty of women who did not wear this head scarf. I agree, there are more conservative states such as Saudi Arabia with it's 'moral police' and also Iran with its recent attempts to hack its own citizens. However you cannot brush that whole area of the world with the same tar.
Reply 36
Original post by S4LM4N
And the illogical, retarded anti-Islam tsr generalisations begin.

If it's such a bad place why do you pay to use it?
Reply 37
A woman only has to wear hijab when she reaches puberty, A young baby does not have to wear Hijab.

Furthermore, very few women wear the Burqah. Not a single one of my female muslim relatives in England or Abroad across the world wear a Burqah.

The Quran only instructs women to wear modest clothing and a head-scarf, and permits them to show their face.

I believe women should wear a hijab, and not Burqah in order to properly integrate into society where possible, but i would not stop a woman wearing the burqah.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by OedipusTheKing
I've been to Turkey, Egypt and Morocco. In all of these countries I saw plenty of women who did not wear this head scarf. I agree, there are more conservative states such as Saudi Arabia with it's 'moral police' and also Iran with its recent attempts to hack its own citizens. However you cannot brush that whole area of the world with the same tar.

I said 'Muslim countries' not 'all Muslim countries'. Some are obviously more progressive than others. Some women in Mulsim countries are more liberated than what they are in the UK. Shame on men (That's some men).
Reply 39
Wont be long until doctors are humping babies.

She wasn't covered it's her fault! they'll say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending