The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Anyone doing Investigative Psychology MSc?

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I had my telephone interview for the course this morning and was told I have a conditional offer and will be starting in September, if you had any questions feel free to ask me!
Beth xx
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 41
Hey! I've been accepted for MSc Investigative Psychology too, I'm really looking forward to start in September! I live in Scotland so I'm planning on coming down for the teaching weeks, hopefully will be able to stay in a hotel or something, is that what other people are planning on doing as well? I don't really know the area so I'm not too sure what would be best! :smile: Amy
Reply 42
Premier Inn is not far to walk to the uni. Travelodge is a bit farther, so you would need a taxi or bus. I stayed at both when doing my IP in 2013/14.
Hi! I have just recieved an unconditional offer for Spetember :smile: hoping to find others who are doing the MSc starting in Spetember too. I have just booked the Premier Inn (sooooo expensive!). Anyone else still on this thread?

Charlotte
Original post by CharlotteGib
Hi! I have just recieved an unconditional offer for Spetember :smile: hoping to find others who are doing the MSc starting in Spetember too. I have just booked the Premier Inn (sooooo expensive!). Anyone else still on this thread?
Charlotte

Hey I'm doing the investigative psychology course this September too. I just booked the travel lodge ... I think it's a 20 minute walk to the uni but really cheap! Where are you travelling from ? X
Reply 45
Original post by Lauracicale
Hey I'm doing the investigative psychology course this September too. I just booked the travel lodge ... I think it's a 20 minute walk to the uni but really cheap! Where are you travelling from ? X

Hey! I'm starting the Investigative Psychology course next month and just booked the Travelodge too :smile:
Hello there! :smile: I am applying for the course right now and I would like to ask about the entrance telephone interview :smile: how did it go, what did the ask you, etc :smile: if you could give me any advice&tips I would be very thankful :smile: XO
Reply 47
Original post by Zuzana203
Hello there! :smile: I am applying for the course right now and I would like to ask about the entrance telephone interview :smile: how did it go, what did the ask you, etc :smile: if you could give me any advice&tips I would be very thankful :smile: XO

Hi :smile: I didn't actually have any kind of interview - I applied, was asked to do some follow up questions and then was given a conditional offer. The process only took a couple of weeks :smile: sorry I couldn't be more help, good luck!
Hello there! :smile: I am applying for the course right now and I wanted to ask you how does the telephone interview go? What did they ask you, how lond did it take etc. :smile: if you could give me any advice&tips, I would be very grateful! :smile: XO
Original post by gem509
Hi Laura.
I sent off my application form at the end of October last year, and I received an email two weeks later inviting me to an interview. The interview was for January, and lasted about ten minutes!!! They told me it would be about a month before I heard anything back but I received my unconditional offer one week later! So it all happened quite quickly for me. Have you heard anything back yet? Do you live close to Huddersfield?
Gemma

Hi Gemma, I have been invited to a skype interview and wondered if you had any tips for the interview process.

Thanks, Lauren
Hi Ffion,

I have an interview for this course and just wondered how you found it so i know how to best prepare
I am also a mature student who will be applying for this course. I've not been in academics for ages so any tips or advice (especially the interview) would be greatly appreciated.
Hey, I'm starting the course in September as I deferred my offer from last year to travel a bit before hand. The interview I had was really relaxed via telephone and the questions were things like what I enjoyed about investigative psychology/why I was interested in the course and what experience I had with statistical analysis in psychology. Just make sure you really have an interest in this course and it should shine through in your interview :smile: xx
Hi Cara,
I had my interview back in december and it was relatively straight forward. Why investigative psych, why liverpool, what forensic/clinical experience have you got, describe a project you've done including methods and statistics, if you were recording data in a prison and a suspect died what would you do (nothing but report it to supervisor), how would you conduct an experimeny to judge the effectiveness of a treatment (compare to control group). I got my offer just over a week later. Hope that helps!
Congratulations! Now just to fund it...
Hi Cara,
Sorry I found this thread very confusing because some people are talking about the MSc in Huddersfield and others the MSc in Liverpool. I'm doing the one in Liverpool
Hey,

Anyone going to Huddersfield, give us a shout if we can help you with anything :smile:

Sarah - UoH
Reply 57
Hi all,

Not sure if this group is still active however I've got an offer for Huddersfield (and Newcastle) and swaying more toward Huddersfield. I'm wondering if anyone can give advice etc on what it's like please :smile:

Kind regards,
Rebecca
Original post by RebLap
Hi all,

Not sure if this group is still active however I've got an offer for Huddersfield (and Newcastle) and swaying more toward Huddersfield. I'm wondering if anyone can give advice etc on what it's like please :smile:

Kind regards,
Rebecca

Hi @RebLap

That's great news :smile: You can check out our student blogs for a students' view of Huddersfield (the University and the town) here: http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/myuni/

Do you have any specific questions about Huddersfield we can help you with?

Sarah - UoH
Reply 59
Hi everyone,

I applied to Huddersfield for this course and answered the questions I was sent. On average, how long does it take to hear back from this point?

I'm really keen to do this course and keep checking my emails to see if I have heard anything.

Thank you

David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending