The Student Room Group

Stuck on the application on student finance.

Hi all.
I am really stuck with the loan application at the moment because it says put your university down but I do not know which one I am going to yet so can someone please tell me what to do. :smile:
The way that everybody from my school did it was to put down your Firm choice as your University, and then if you don't achieve the results for that choice then you simply change the University on your SFE account to reflect that you're now going to your insurance choice.
Reply 2
Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused about student finance grant, its says that I have to be UK applicant. I wasn't born here in England, but lived here for last 7 years, did my secondary school and college here, can I still get the grant?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by tomko3369
Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused about student finance grant, its says that I have to be UK applicant. I wasn't born here in England, but lived here for last 7 years, did my secondary school and college here, can I still get the grant?

If you've lived here the last 3 years and have settled status (i.e. there are no restrictions on your stay in the UK-if you're not an EU or EEA national this will usually mean having indefinite leave to remain) then yes. If however, you have been in the UK purely for educational reasons (for example, were at boarding school rather than you were living in the UK because your parents were) then no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending