The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Student Nurses 2013

Hi all,

I was just wondering who has applied to Southampton Uni to study nursing (any branch) or who has been offered a place already?
I deferred my entry from last September to this year to study Children's Nursing, so i'll be starting in September! :smile:

Just thought it'd be nice to see who could be starting with us! (without tempting fate if you're waiting for exam results in June!)

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey,
ive also applied to study childrens nursing at Southampton starting Sept 2013!
xx
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hiya, I had an interview for child nursing last friday just got an offer through today! Might see you in September :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by katiemai-
hey,
ive also applied to study childrens nursing at Southampton starting Sept 2013!
xx

Aw yaaayy! Good luck! Have you heard back? :-) xxx
Reply 4
Original post by jescra
Hiya, I had an interview for child nursing last friday just got an offer through today! Might see you in September :smile:

Aw, well done, congrats!! :-) Where else have you applied? x
Reply 5
Original post by Hannah-xo
Aw, well done, congrats!! :-) Where else have you applied? x

Thanks, you too! I've applied to Plymouth, York and Cardiff, waiting to hear if I've got interviews at York and Cardiff but I'm pretty happy with my Southampton offer :smile: what made you choose Southampton over others? x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
Original post by jescra
Thanks, you too! I've applied to Plymouth, York and Cardiff, waiting to hear if I've got interviews at York and Cardiff but I'm pretty happy with my Southampton offer :smile: what made you choose Southampton over others? x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Good luck with the news for interviews! I applied to York too! Did you apply for children's nursing at York? I've heard that you can directly apply for that now, whereas when I applied last year, I had to just apply for "nursing", as they did't do specific branches!

To be honest, I really like Southampton's campus compared to the other unis I applied for! I like how there's everything on the campus and it's got a real student feel! I just got a really good feeling when I went to Southampton. What about you? :smile: x
Reply 7
Hello! I received an offer for child nursing about two months ago and have selected it as my firm :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I haven't heard anything from Southampton since my acknowledgement of application :frown: xx
Reply 9
Original post by elneilson1
Hello! I received an offer for child nursing about two months ago and have selected it as my firm :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayayay! Good choice :wink: what made you pick Southampton?! xxx
Reply 10
Original post by katiemai-
I haven't heard anything from Southampton since my acknowledgement of application :frown: xx

Don't worry, honestly! Southampton took ages to reply to me and it was my last to get back to me! I got told that no news is good news so keep waiting! :frown: I remember how horrible the wait is so I feel your pain!! Good luck - hope its good news! :smile: xx
Reply 11
Yayayay! Good choice :wink: what made you pick Southampton?! xxx

Are you hoping to start there in September as well? :biggrin: course looks fab and I love the fact that we get to mix with other students cos some uni's just keep the nurses to themselves!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Good luck with the news for interviews! I applied to York too! Did you apply for children's nursing at York? I've heard that you can directly apply for that now, whereas when I applied last year, I had to just apply for "nursing", as they did't do specific branches!

To be honest, I really like Southampton's campus compared to the other unis I applied for! I like how there's everything on the campus and it's got a real student feel! I just got a really good feeling when I went to Southampton. What about you? :smile: x

Yeah I applied for just children's nursing there - didn't realise it was the first year they've done child field straight away! When I went to the Southampton selection day I was left a bit underwhelmed, but I hadn't seen the campus or properly looked into the course in case I got excited and then rejected! But now comparing it the placement hospitals are very good, and you are fully part of the undergrad experience which is something I really wanted, so it's a bit of a no brainer really!
The more I talk about it the more I want to firm it now and cancel my other choices :P x
Reply 13
Are you hoping to start there in September as well? :biggrin: course looks fab and I love the fact that we get to mix with other students cos some uni's just keep the nurses to themselves!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive got an unconditional offer so i'm definitely there in September! I had a conditional last year and then got my grades but decided to defer and get some experience ona children's ward so now it's unconditional! :-) Yes! Thats what I love too! I went to visit Nottingham and didn't like it because the medical stuff was so separate! I know people at southampton doing nursing this year and they're absolutely loving it which makes me feel better!
Are you waiting for grades? x
Reply 14
Original post by jescra
Yeah I applied for just children's nursing there - didn't realise it was the first year they've done child field straight away! When I went to the Southampton selection day I was left a bit underwhelmed, but I hadn't seen the campus or properly looked into the course in case I got excited and then rejected! But now comparing it the placement hospitals are very good, and you are fully part of the undergrad experience which is something I really wanted, so it's a bit of a no brainer really!
The more I talk about it the more I want to firm it now and cancel my other choices :P x

Hahaha, thats a good thing - shows you loveeee Southampton! :P Are you going to the next open day to have a good long around then? I love the fact they've got everything on campus (even a club apparently? hahaha)! I love the simulation suite with all the SIM babies and stuff, seriously got me so excited :')! I know people studying children's nursing at southampton and they're loving it which always is a good sign!! x
Reply 15
Ive got an unconditional offer so i'm definitely there in September! I had a conditional last year and then got my grades but decided to defer and get some experience ona children's ward so now it's unconditional! :-) Yes! Thats what I love too! I went to visit Nottingham and didn't like it because the medical stuff was so separate! I know people at southampton doing nursing this year and they're absolutely loving it which makes me feel better!
Are you waiting for grades? x

Ahh fab hopefully see you in September then!! :smile:
Yeah I have friends too there and they all love it. And yeah hopefully get three Bs in summer and I'll be on my way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Ahh fab hopefully see you in September then!! :smile:
Yeah I have friends too there and they all love it. And yeah hopefully get three Bs in summer and I'll be on my way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully I shall see you then! Good luck with your exams! I know the waiting for grades is awful :') I remember it well from last August! :P I know though that last year, a lot of unis still let people in even if they didn't exactly get the grades so that might put your mind at rest a bit! Though i'm sure you'll be fine! :biggrin: x
Reply 17
I have had an interview today for pgdip in adult nursing. LOOKING FOR ACCOMODATION FROM APRIL 2013
Reply 18
Original post by hughesy89
I have had an interview today for pgdip in adult nursing. LOOKING FOR ACCOMODATION FROM APRIL 2013

Hope your interview went well! :smile:
Reply 19
Thanks not heard back yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending