The Student Room Group

help with my thesis work

Hello everyone,

I would need some help with my thesis work. I'm from Hungary, but I study British Literature and Culture. The title of my thesis is "The life of Arabic Women in the UK"

I have already read books, watched films but I try to make my work a little bit personal, a little bit special. That is why I would like to make an interview (anonymously) with arabic girls who lives in the UK. I have just a few questions in connection with dressing, customs, expectant job...

Please, if you know someone who could help me, let me know!
Reply 1
Where do you live?(assuming you live in the UK)
Sorry, just to clear it up and make it easier for everybody, are you looking for actual contact details or to be put in contact with an Arab woman in the UK?
Reply 3
I'm live in Hungary :smile:)

It would be good if either you know an arabic girl, for example in your class and can you tell about her dress, customs etc. and I also would like to make an interview with real arabic girl(s).
Reply 4
That shouldn't be too difficult, however there is a wide gamut of "Arabic girl" attitudes at work in the community. I am aware of all types from pious religious girls to wild rebels. One constant appears to be a veneer of "respectability", all/most parents entertaining an often pie-in-the-sky assumption that their daughter will be meekly married off to a man of good standing and the right ethnic make-up.

So really it depends what argument your thesis is putting forward.

It should be simple to set up an interview; Arab girls of all stripes frequent this forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending