The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Feminism is a joke. Men, we need to act. (Serious thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pythononian
I agree with you insofar that men and women should receive equal treatment in courts of law, esp in cases involving children.

Apart from that your post sounded like a misogynist rant that may have been appropriate for sometime around the 1800s: to regain respect I think you generally have to show some yourself, i.e. lose the "fat whale" insults.

Why? So your happy to put up with a fat chick who thinks she's better looking than she is? I realise us men need to lose a few pounds as well mind.
Reply 81
Original post by SleepySheep
So jokes. My dad hasn't paid a penny for me in my entire life.

He doesn't have to. Same way my dad never had to despite how much my mum curses him for not helping out. But I'm guessing your parents didn't go down the legal route or whatever.

I personally wouldn't leave my kids to go into the world without covering for them as I know how that feels trust me. However if the woman doesn't want me in their life, why should I pay for her life since the money is going to go to the mother and not directly to the kids.

If I was in that position though, I'd buy the kids their food for the week and essentials. But I'm not obliged to do it.
Original post by uktotalgamer
Why? So your happy to put up with a fat chick who thinks she's better looking than she is? I realise us men need to lose a few pounds as well mind.

Maybe you, not me though. Unless you mean getting a lower body fat percentage to accentuate my six pack :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Alexandra's Box

I've already posted this once but the definition of feminism is:

So, no female can claim to be promoting equal rights and be a feminist. It's the promotion of women's rights. So you are right in they do only aim for women's rights and support their interests.
Personally, as long as that is admitted and their aim is to gain equality (NOT superiority) to men in that area e.g. equal pay for the same job, I don't see it as being wrong. After all, you have black-rights groups who care only about the rights of black people. BUT when a feminist says 'Oh, I'm fighting for equality' - that is not what it is.

Feminism is promoting women's rights to 'gain equality' not simply equal rights.

That’s like saying the KKK is about racial harmony

Well you can write what you want about the definition of feminism, it's the feminism that actually AFFECTS everyone which matters. The one which matters is severely affecting men in a bad way. I don't get what's so 'equality' about this when the rights of one group is going down and the others are getting more and more rights. This cannot be compared to racial minority groups because:

i). They're a minority, women aren't.
ii). They gain rights but take none away from the racial majority.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Martyn*
But it is rather typical of the most abhorrent feminists to resort to an argument involving the male genitalia. I'm just saying.

The author of the thread said
But, we don't help ourselves. The saddest part of this all. Those fat whales you see walking around still get laid.
which you must admit - is pretty demeaning towards women. And after saying that he demanded respect because he's a man (i.e. someone with male genitalia) without providing any other reasons for why he should receive respect. That is the only reason I brought up male genitalia. I'd appreciate if you didn't pull stuff that I've said out of context (something that is typical of men arguing against women)
Reply 84
Reading your posts I can tell exactly what kind of person you are. Your whole manner is demeaning. Oh hold on. I'm male, so I must be wrong. Basically is what your saying.

If a female on this board posted with the same kind of sexist views then you and your feminist crowd would be right behind her. You wouldn't disagree at all.

My views are utterly ridiculous? Damn, I was so hoping for your approval of such a high standing woman who starts her arguments with laughter...

Jesus wept.
]

Well, first of all, I think you've completely misunderstood my character, as i'm the complete opposite. Secondly, I have never said that just because you're male you're immediately wrong? I've stated repetitively, I do not believe women are better than men, and, likewise, I do not believe men are any better than women. So, I think you have got carried away with the false assumption i'm a horrible, sexist person and have created arguments I have in fact opposed. If a female posted anything sexist, I can assure you i'd be the first person to neg her comment and reply to her stating for every step towards equality women make, it's women like her who force us into taking 2 step backs- I CANNOT STAND SEXISM- from either gender. I don't know your views in order to say their ridiculous, but I can confidently say I believe all sexist views are ridiculous- so if that's you, then yes, they are- if it's not you, then no, I don't think your views are ridiculous in that context. Well, i'm glad you've got your unnecessary (none of it applied to me) rant out of the way. For the record, it was not part of my argument, I just couldn't contain my complete shock at what I had read, so if you're going to discredit every point I have made simply because I laughed, so be it. Also, i'm not high standing at all, i'm simply defending the want of equality for both men and women- i'm sorry to hear you believe my arguments to be so objectional. Did he? well, thank goodness he didn't laugh, because then all this messages would be doomed to condemnation.
If feminism does exist in the workplace it will soon die out in the next 10-15 years once the baby boom managers have retired. All the rest of it is as petty as saying women get back in the kitchen or men can't multi task.
Car insurance in general went down for both parties.

That's a win!!
Reply 87
Also OP put this in the first post:
ScVfY.jpg
Reply 88
There are so many comments on this thread i could use as examples of why women's rights are needed in this country, i wouldn't know where to start.
Original post by sjk1995
]

Well, first of all, I think you've completely misunderstood my character, as i'm the complete opposite. Secondly, I have never said that just because you're male you're immediately wrong? I've stated repetitively, I do not believe women are better than men, and, likewise, I do not believe men are any better than women. So, I think you have got carried away with the false assumption i'm a horrible, sexist person and have created arguments I have in fact opposed. If a female posted anything sexist, I can assure you i'd be the first person to neg her comment and reply to her stating for every step towards equality women make, it's women like her who force us into taking 2 step backs- I CANNOT STAND SEXISM- from either gender. I don't know your views in order to say their ridiculous, but I can confidently say I believe all sexist views are ridiculous- so if that's you, then yes, they are- if it's not you, then no, I don't think your views are ridiculous in that context. Well, i'm glad you've got your unnecessary (none of it applied to me) rant out of the way. For the record, it was not part of my argument, I just couldn't contain my complete shock at what I had read, so if you're going to discredit every point I have made simply because I laughed, so be it. Also, i'm not high standing at all, i'm simply defending the want of equality for both men and women- i'm sorry to hear you believe my arguments to be so objectional. Did he? well, thank goodness he didn't laugh, because then all this messages would be doomed to condemnation.

Damn, I had an opinion. Can't really see how what I said was radical. I pointed out about the law courts and I've said in this thread that I realise some professions are gender based such as midwifery.

You've wrote a lot above, but none of it really makes much sense. Just a lot of huffing and puffing.

How fat women or people are is really none of my business...As for people in relationships, again it's their concern

I don't see what you're proposing - place more tax on girls above a certain weight?
Original post by alicejay
There are so many comments on this thread i could use as examples of why women's rights are needed in this country, i wouldn't know where to start.

What rights do you feel women are lacking right now?

Last time I checked you had rights. However some women think that you have the right to be above men.
Reply 93
Original post by Ultimate1
That’s like saying the KKK is about racial harmony

Well you can write what you want about the definition of feminism, it's the feminism that actually AFFECTS everyone which matters. The one which matters is severely affecting men in a bad way. I don't get what's so 'equality' about this when the rights of one group is going down and the others are getting more and more rights. This cannot be compared to racial minority groups because:

i). They're a minority, women aren't.
ii). They gain rights but take none away from the racial majority

Boom to the bit in bold.

But yes. It's like how religion hinders the development of work with embryonic stem cells and contraception in africa, it might not be the definition of being a christian (it doesn't say you have to be anti ESC in the definition) but the effects of the religion is what affects stem cell treatment.
Reply 94
Damn, I had an opinion. Can't really see how what I said was radical. I pointed out about the law courts and I've said in this thread that I realise some professions are gender based such as midwifery. <br />
<br />
You've wrote a lot above, but none of it really makes much sense. Just a lot of huffing and puffing.
<br />
<br /> at no point did I say you were radical or oppose a y opinion apart from sexism. What's your issue?
As a feminist, I will say this.

Both parents should have equal chances in custodial courts.
True feminism does not think women should be better than men, because they shouldn't.
Both genders should be respected equally.

Rating women like that is awful. Saying someone is a 1/10 is just disrespectful. If you want to be treated with respect, you should be respectful too. I myself would never rate a guy like that.

And, since you mentioned the last 50 years - do you really think the way things were back then was an acceptable way to treat women?
Original post by Pythononian
How fat women or people are is really none of my business...As for people in relationships, again it's their concern

I don't see what you're proposing - place more tax on girls above a certain weight?

The country as a whole needs a rethink when it comes to a fat tax. What I mean is at because so many men are happy to settle for a fat lass, it's pushing their perceptions of what is normal way out. Walk down the street. Like a ratio of 3 whales to 1 normal bodied girl.
Reply 97

Can you name ONE, ANY ONE single law/policy in which men have more rights than women? The OP already named a handful in the opposite case.
Original post by jam277
Boom to the bit in bold.

But yes. It's like how religion hinders the development of work with embryonic stem cells and contraception in africa, it might not be the definition of being a christian (it doesn't say you have to be anti ESC in the definition) but the effects of the religion is what affects stem cell treatment.

Yup, nice analogy.

> Complains about strawman usage
> Uses ad-homs to attack the OP

SEEMS LEGIT.
Original post by sjk1995
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. I don't even know where to begin. I'll put it shortly and sweetly- Men, who have morally evolved into recognising that women deserve equal rights and are to be treated with equal respect (which is what feminism is, I believe you've got it mixed up with extreme views) are the ones who are secure enough in their own masculinity (whatever that is, I believe it's just a construct of an outdated male ego), and therefore the ones who are not 'pussys' (the intellectual gravity of your argument is beautifully reflected by your language). Welcome to the 21st century, where I, a female, can voice my opinion against sexist, primitive and nonsensical arguments :smile:

Yes your right along with the house, the kids and half his wages when you find a better partner yes I see why your so equal. *equals, wink wink*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sjk1995
<br />
<br /> at no point did I say you were radical or oppose a y opinion apart from sexism. What's your issue?

You started your post with hahahahahahaha. Berating my opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending