The Student Room Group

Possible to do IGCSEs on PC?

Hi all,

Ive just finished my mocks but have quite a big problem in History and Business where one is expected to write quite a bit and my handwriting is mildly said terrible. Does anyone of you know of a way to write the exams on a PC? I am open for everything honestly. My teacher suggested I should fake dyslexia with proof from a doctor, but Im not sure that would work..:smile:

Cheers
Without having a doctors note allowing you to do so it isnt possible.. everyone would like to use computers for exams, why should you be any different because of your handwriting? there are people all over the country with awful handwriting, me being one of them. thats not a reason to use a computer for exams, I cant even believe your teacher suggested that, its sick! getting a fake doctors note? your teacher cant say somthing like that, its called CHEATING you would have an unfair advantage, why should you be allowed special treatment? Plus; its very hard for computers to be used in exams because there has to be no access to the internet with exam conditions, this means they only allow it in exceptional circumstances.
Reply 2
Wow. You really seem like a frustrated soul who tried this as well but didn't make it work and now wants to get back at everyone who thinks the thought.. Everybody can fake having dyslexia at the testing for it, and it would certainly not be the first time that is done. It cannot be compared to cheating at all; It is just a different form of writing your knowledge down. Remember that some will prefer paper whilst other will opt for the PC..
Original post by krunch
Wow. You really seem like a frustrated soul who tried this as well but didn't make it work and now wants to get back at everyone who thinks the thought.. Everybody can fake having dyslexia at the testing for it, and it would certainly not be the first time that is done. It cannot be compared to cheating at all; It is just a different form of writing your knowledge down. Remember that some will prefer paper whilst other will opt for the PC..

Its really not about that.. I just dont think its right when not all students get the choice.. its alright to say that there are student that prefer paper, but what about those students that would prefer to use a computer but dont get that option? you can hardly say that its right that a teacher is going round telling people to fake dyslexia, to me thats morally wrong, but thats just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest