The Student Room Group

Would You Marry Someone Outside of your RACE?

Okay so I'm south Asian so I would never consider marrying someone outside my race simply because I love so many things about my Culture e.g.The food the colours, the clothing's, the way we celebrate weddings.

every other culture seems plain and boring to me.

what do you guys think would you ever marry outside if your culture
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes, I wouldn't care, as long as what I see in her matches what I want and she feels the same, also theres a strong connection and compatiability with the same values and views on life............plus for culture, really couldn't care that much apart from the food to be fair, and even then I still got my family to make me some :drool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I would marry someone of a different race ethnically but probably not if they were to different culturally. So I suppose yes but unlikely
Reply 4
If I loved them, yes.
No. 100% No!

I am a 200m man and i would never think of dating other wise!
I don't plan on getting married at all (though I wouldn't rule it out - if it was important to whoever I was with, I would be willing to) but I can't see myself every marrying outside of my race for the simple fact that I'm only sexually attracted to people of my own race, and I certainly couldn't marry someone I didn't find sexually attractive.
Yep. Good for the gene pool if you have kids as well. Genetic variation wahoo!
Reply 8
Ethnically, sure. Culturally, probably not, depending on what it was.
Reply 9
Race doesn't bother me at all.
Of course, race shouldn't be a barrier. Share your culture with someone you love and they will experience its pleasures. Surely it's a good thing?
I would definitely marry someone outside my race. My whole family are from different parts of the world (Russia, Africa, Austria) and I believe it would contribute even more to my cultural knowledge and heritage. Also, if we had kids, the kids would be more likely to accept people who are from different countries or religions, which is something I have promoted to people my whole (quite short) life.

However, I know people whose parents don't want them to, which, while I don't really understand the point of it, I can also see why this would be their choice. All in all, I think it's more important to marry someone you love, instead of considering their race/religion. :biggrin:

PS - Also, if I married into other races my kids would look really interesting :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Of course I would I don't see it as a issue at all, if I love the person what has there race got to do with it?

Also your argument that you love your culture so much whats stopping someone from another race taking part and learning about your culture?
Reply 13
I wouldn't mind what ethnicity my hypothetical wife would be.

I would mind if she had some cultural beliefs which would make it hard for both of us (i.e. She can only eat halal food, and I like my pork...)
I wouldn't marry anyone. It seems pointless to me. Living with partner seems the same thing and saves you trouble in case of split-ups.
Reply 15
I am married to someone from a different race/culture... personally I quite enjoy the variety it can bring, especially with regards to food :biggrin: Do agree with the importance of having shared values though as although we are from different backgrounds, we do have a very similar outlook and beliefs etc, which I think is what makes us work well together.
I don't intend to marry anyone - but if I did race, on its own, wouldn't be an issue.
Reply 17
I'm not married (not intentions to) but I'm from a country from the Mediterranean, my partner is English and I can't see myself in a relationship with someone from my same country ever again. The variety of our relationship is so interesting, so dynamic We do have same believes and interests (two things that would stop me from dating someone).

Race is not a problem at all, the important thing is the person under the skin.
Reply 18
Whatever makes the heart tingle... I personally love cultural diversity; if I loved a person, why should race hinder that relationship? Yes there may be generational and traditional difficulties, but that can easily be overcome imo.
Reply 19
Original post by Gummibaerchen
Yep. Good for the gene pool if you have kids as well. Genetic variation wahoo!

hahaha expected someone to say this! still yet to see a brown baby with green eyes and ginger hair....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending