The Student Room Group

Valentine's day

Can you keep this anon as I have friends on here.

Your plans?

Relatively tight budget but have a car so can travel. Want to make it a little special, but we can only spend the afternoon- evening together due to circumstances.

I will sponge off ideas on here :biggrin:

Done all the usual stuff but any recommendations to places or anything different/wild would be appreciated :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where're you based?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by Midlander
Where're you based?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Same as your username :cool:
Out of the 365 days of the year why show your love on the one day? I don't understand just why Valentine's Day is so special.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Same as your username :cool:

That doesn't really help! If the weather's good, make your way to Henley in Arden (about half an hour's train from B'ham)-the station is at the doorstep of pretty much the only countryside in the West Midlands and has rolling hills as far as the eye can see.
Reply 5
Original post by SirMasterKey
Out of the 365 days of the year why show your love on the one day? I don't understand just why Valentine's Day is so special.

I don't. We rarely celebrate it (been together for years) and at my insistence we are doing it this time. I thought it would be quite sweet. We normally do loads of things throughout the year and gifts so it makes this day tougher to organise.
Original post by SirMasterKey

Stop being such a spoilsport and go along with it! :smile:
There's a reason why it's called ****intines day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Nothing. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Mr Smurf
Nothing. :frown:

Sorry man. She's white/blonde too and am asian :redface:
Sorry man. She's white/blonde too and am asian :redface:

:lol: Where did that come from? As it is, I will be stuck in a lab for half the day and hopefully spend the rest going out and getting drunk with my flatmates. Oh no, I've got a lab the day after, can't do that either. Damn my degree sucks at times.

If it helps, my parents had their anniversary the other day, they watched a film. Watch a film. :biggrin:
just going out for a meal and spending the rest of the night together.
Reply 12
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
:lol: Where did that come from? As it is, I will be stuck in a lab for half the day and hopefully spend the rest going out and getting drunk with my flatmates. Oh no, I've got a lab the day after, can't do that either. Damn my degree sucks at times.

If it helps, my parents had their anniversary the other day, they watched a film. Watch a film. :biggrin:

Pharmacy isn't too bad. That's my undergrad one :tongue:

I wrote that cause Mr Smurf loves white girls and obsesses over them.

Enjoy lab loll
Reply 13
Original post by deedee123
just going out for a meal and spending the rest of the night together.

Looking at places in Covent Garden right now.
Reply 14
Looking at places in Covent Garden right now.

Raddisson Blu and some roses on the bed will do the trick.
Reply 15
The fact is that if you're truly in love you shouldn't have to spend money on valentines day to show true love (I assume you haven't got much disposable cash since you say you're on a tight budget). You can go many places/experience stuff together without having money / little to no money involved

If your partner complains about lack of money spent...... well that says it all.
Reply 16
It's the small things which matter. Everyone loves a grand romantic gesture, but a little thing that you've put some thought and effort into is even better.
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Stop being such a spoilsport and go along with it! :smile:

I'd need a partner in order to go along with it.
Reply 18
I'll leave the wisdom of Marc Rudov here:

Reply 19
Original post by mmmpie
It's the small things which matter. Everyone loves a grand romantic gesture, but a little thing that you've put some thought and effort into is even better.

Good advice. I will be doing a combination of both as best as I can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending