The Student Room Group

Is it possible for pre-cum to cause pregnancy?

My boyfriend and I had dry sex, him wearing only a condom, and me wearing just my underwear. During it, we noticed that the condom had slipped quite far down, and the front of my underwear (where his penis would have been) was very damp. Now we're not sure whether it was actually pre-ejaculate, or whether it was simply 'wetness' from arousal, but we're both quite convinced it was the former. :/

Now I'm not sure whether I should get the emergency contraceptive pill, simply to be on the safe side. I'm a massive worrier, and I've heard how pre-cum can get you pregnant and can soak through underwear if there's enough liquid. I just don't want to go to the pharmacy and be told I'm wasting their time, and at the same time I know I'll worry. So I don't know what to do. :/ It's been more than 24 hours since we did this, and we're still struggling to know what to do. :frown:

Advice? Should I seek the pill or not? :/
If you're worried seek the pill. Better to be safe than sorry.
Just go and ask for the emergency pill. If they ask you why, say you think you might be pregnant. Simple. Job done.
Wearing a condom whilst dry humping? (I assume that's what dry sex is? I don't know... XD)
Anyway, condoms are 'wet' because they are lubricated. Could the dampness have come from that?

I would say it's very unlikely seeing as he had a condom on, you were wearing underwear and he didn't actually go inside you... But if you really are worried then just do a test to ease your mind.
Reply 4
Pre cum can cause pregnancy, yes. Maybe you should just get the implant or the contraceptive pill to be safe? You wouldn't worry so much about pregnancy then :smile:
Reply 5
I took the pill last Thursday ... and today I've noticed some light bleeding. :/ I'm not due for another two weeks yet. What could this bleeding be? It's like a period, but very, very light. My mind was at ease until now. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I took the pill last Thursday ... and today I've noticed some light bleeding. :/ I'm not due for another two weeks yet. What could this bleeding be? It's like a period, but very, very light. My mind was at ease until now. :frown:

Which pill? Morning after?

Honestly, the chances of getting pregnant by pre-cum from dry-humping in your knickers and with a condom are near zero.

If you're spotting it will be due to the pill - it's normal. Stop worrying. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

when did your next period come after this and were you pregnant?

Quick Reply

Latest