The Student Room Group

Man finds out he's not the father of 3 children. Yup you guess what happens next...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desdemonata
What in the actual ****?

Serious! I was shocked at it cant remember too much now think it was on Channel 4 about 6 years ago.
Original post by desdemonata
What in the actual ****?
Its quite common in certain circles, I remember reading about NBA players and Brazilian footballers being instructed to flush their condom's rather than bin them when they had ONS to avoid just this.
Original post by drbluebox
Serious! I was shocked at it cant remember too much now think it was on Channel 4 about 6 years ago.

Original post by doggyfizzel
Its quite common in certain circles, I remember reading about NBA players and Brazilian footballers being instructed to flush their condom's rather than bin them when they had ONS to avoid just this.

Some faith in humanity has been lost.
Reply 43
Original post by drbluebox
Have you heard of sperm bandits? Saw a documentary years ago that women were having PROTECTED sex with men then recovering the condom often freezing it then impregnating themselves and years later the man gets a child support bill and is forced to pay!

Yeah happened to Boris Becker. He got a blowjob from this woman then she turned around and told him she's pregnant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/1318432/Did-gangsters-entrap-Becker-over-impossible-love-child.html
Reply 45
Reply 46
Original post by Ultimate1
Original story is in french and subscription only. Happened in Montreal, Canada.

- 39 years old man dates woman for over 16 years (not married).
- Has 4 children with that woman.
- Youngest kid is now 9 years old.
- Man eventually thinks his GF might be cheating on him.
- Gets DNA tests for his 4 children.
- Finds out he's not the biological father of 3 of them.
- Breaks up.
- Man is forced to pay for child support.
- Why? Because he signed the birth certificates which makes him the "legal" father of the 3 children.
- He now has to pay over $700/month in child support even though he only makes $900 (net) per month.
- Has to go back to living with his parents.
- Man is severely depressed and will most likely commit suicide within the next week or so.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/02/05/trois-de-ses-enfants-ne-sont-pas-de-lui

EDIT: English link:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/06/dad-must-pay-child-support-for-3-kids-that-arent-his-court-rules

Raging beyond belief at the moment. Cannot believe the system is supporting women in committing fraud.

At the very least the woman should be facing a civil charge. Most preferably some sort of criminal charge, but no she is rewarded for it by getting child support and the man is yet again punished.

Extremely sad to see what the Western world has become; what was the promise and the start of the prevalence of logic and rationale has been totally thrown off course.

He is the father. Being a father is much more than genes. It is right that he pays child support.
Reply 47
Original post by Kibalchich
He is the father. Being a father is much more than genes. It is right that he pays child support.

Being duped into fatherhood =/= fatherhood I'm afraid.
Reply 48
Original post by Ultimate1
Being duped into fatherhood =/= fatherhood I'm afraid.

Rubbish. He loved the kids as his own. They will have formed attachments with him, he will have cared for them, loved them. To then dump them for something that is not their fault is the mark of a scumbag.
Reply 49
Tragic,but I remember reading a case like this that happen in florida, where man had to countinue to pay child support despite the child not being his. But the guy was gone take the case to higher acourt, don't know what happened in the end, but i hope this man can find some hope like this and hopefully does not have to continue to pay. The only solution to a think like this would be forced paternity testing at birth, although some men might find it insulting, it would save many from a lifetime of aningwish and thus it should be implimnted. People in the west often sight islam bias towards men,being one of large cultural fallings, but look at what laws like these and divorse laws are like in the west their just out their to emotionally ahniliate men. Stuff like this is just so culturally barbaric it has to stop, the legal system has to now start considering the emotional weeling being of men.
Reply 50
Original post by The_Duck
Cheating isn't a crime. And he was happy to admit that they were his children before the tests.

Has anyone ever been negged so much? LOL
Reply 51
Original post by akash11
Tragic,but I remember reading a case like this that happen in florida, where man had to countinue to pay child support despite the child not being his. But the guy was gone take the case to higher acourt, don't know what happened in the end, but i hope this man can find some hope like this and hopefully does not have to continue to pay. The only solution to a think like this would be forced paternity testing at birth, although some men might find it insulting, it would save many from a lifetime of aningwish and thus it should be implimnted. People in the west often sight islam bias towards men,being one of large cultural fallings, but look at what laws like these and divorse laws are like in the west their just out their to emotionally ahniliate men. Stuff like this is just so culturally barbaric it has to stop, the legal system has to now start considering the emotional weeling being of men.

What about the emotional wellbeing of the kids? Kids who see that man as their dad, who will have formed attachments with, to them he is their dad. For him to then wash his hands of them is scummy beyond belief.
Original post by The_Duck
Cheating isn't a crime. And he was happy to admit that they were his children before the tests.

I'm surprised that (at the point I'm writing this), this post has got 26 neg reps and no pos reps. What The Duck has said is right as other posters have said. I am guessing the negs are because he said cheating isn't a crime, and its true. You can pass moral judgement on a cheat but its not a criminal offence.
Reply 53
Rubbish. He loved the kids as his own. They will have formed attachments with him, he will have cared for them, loved them. To then dump them for something that is not their fault is the mark of a scumbag.

It doesn't matter, emotional attachment shouldn't translate into legal and financial responsibility, especially if it has no biological basis. And he signed the birth certificate on the presumption he was the father, so yes he was duped.
Reply 54

Yes, being are farther can mean more then genes but no one should be forced into helping rasie a child that is not theirs
Reply 55
Original post by 2ndClass
It doesn't matter, emotional attachment shouldn't translate into legal and financial responsibility, especially if it has no biological basis.

Emotional attachment does have a biological basis, even if the dad is not genetically the dad. Emotional attachment is reflected in brain development. He has a moral responsibility to those kids.
Reply 56
Original post by akash11
Yes, being are farther can mean more then genes but no one should be forced into helping rasie a child that is not theirs

They are his to all intents and purposes. Think about it from the kids pov.
That is extremely unfair. She has betrayed him and perpetuated the lie that they were his kids then to add insult to injury he has to pay child support even though they aren't his? Appalling.
Reply 58
Morally, he should consider the emotional trauma and sense of abandonment he is leaving his children (biology aside - raising a child for that long as a father, makes you its father forever). Also, the mother is wrong to have lied - but let's remember that child support is for the child! The child is not at fault, and so should not suffer. Morally, the mother should not accept the money from the man and instead should seek it from the biological father.

But ethics aside, I believe the law should only be able to intervene so far. Legally, this man should not be under this monetary obligation. It's just illogical.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by rainbow.panda
That is extremely unfair. She has betrayed him and perpetuated the lie that they were his kids then to add insult to injury he has to pay child support even though they aren't his? Appalling.

think about it from the kids point of view, this is a man who has cared for them since birth, who has loved them, guided them, that they have bonded with. he is their dad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending