The Student Room Group

Guys: Sex with a condom

Is there a massive difference in pleasure when having sex with a condom compared to without?

Im just curious, obviously it is better without but I wondered by what extent.

Im also obviously talking theoretically, not taking into account getting pregnant or STD's etc
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well i'd say its alot more intimate as your not rubbing against rubber, but against her. So it's more pleasure imo.
Not to the extent of getting someone pregnant
Reply 3
I absolutely hate sex with a condom, it's not pleasurable at all imo, this is the reason I hate being single and going on the 'pull' and much prefer being in a relationship with a lass on the pill.
Reply 4
Yep. It sucks, but I like my life without unwanted bastard children and herpes, so them's the breaks.
Reply 5
my boyfriend finds it difficult to finish wearing one, we rarely use them though as i have the implant. It's much more fun being able to just have sex whenever you want without having to stop and look for a condom/fumble about putting it on, which ruins the mood a bit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah it's a little less pleasurable, unless you use durex tingle condoms, then it's like someone's rubbed menthol on your junk
Reply 7
Like sucking a sweet with the wrapper on.

I still obviously use them in the appropriate circumstances though
Reply 8
I don't like slagging of condoms because obviously I really support them, but I'm not a fan. I feel applying them often ruins the moment. I don't think the sex is that impaired, but I do like the intimacy of being in contact with my girlfriend not using them. I agree that it's a good incentive to get a long term girlfriend on the pill. She didn't like them either because of the smell.
Reply 9
Original post by tomclarky
Like sucking a sweet with the wrapper on.

I still obviously use them in the appropriate circumstances though

HAHAHAHA That actually helps put it into perspective :biggrin:
Reply 10
Better than no sex - but only just! For some reason I disliked them less when I was a bit younger. Now they really disrupt the pleasurable sensations during thrusting, I think by bunching up. Strangely the thinner ones seem worse. Although the build up is badly affected, orgasm is still reasonable which is why I guess they are just about worth it. Anyone tried the femidom - even worse..
Reply 11
I can't say I am actually bothered by wearing one or not.
My boyfriend hates them, I can't remember exactly what he compared it too but it wasn't good. Says he feels "nothing". Generally he got in such a bad mood and sulked when I made him wear one we quit halfway through. (swear half of it is exaggeration, half of it psychological)

He moaned so much that I went and got an IUD, which incidentally hurt a lot and made me extremely paranoid (of it perforating my uterus). He spent a few weeks after that complaining he could feel the thread of it.

Literally cannot win, went on the pill "omg you're so moody", used condoms "i feel nothing this is ****" the IUD "i can feel the thread it hurts"

I give up, you'd think after all the ****ty side effects that come with my contraception he'd be a little more grateful I don't just make him wear one to save me all the pain/emotional crap!
Original post by vaguity
rant rant rant

think it touched a nerve! :biggrin:

They don't bother me in the slightest in a relationship - the act itself means more than actual pleasure, just happens to be a great side effect.

When on the pull, I liken it to swimming with sharks - you gotta have all the PPE you can get!
Original post by manderton
think it touched a nerve! :biggrin:

They don't bother me in the slightest in a relationship - the act itself means more than actual pleasure, just happens to be a great side effect.

When on the pull, I liken it to swimming with sharks - you gotta have all the PPE you can get!

just a little, having a needle shoved up your cervix isn't the most pleasant experience and not getting any thanks for it is fairly irritating :wink:
It's much better without, but make sure she's on the pill or something like that.
Reply 16
then get aids or herpes, lol.. ****ing dolt.
Reply 17
I would go to the extent to say that it feels... well, kinda **** with one. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Just my two cents.
Hate them. It's like having a shower wearing socks
Reply 19
Original post by Charcharx
Is there a massive difference in pleasure when having sex with a condom compared to without?

Im just curious, obviously it is better without but I wondered by what extent.

Im also obviously talking theoretically, not taking into account getting pregnant or STD's etc

What a top gal you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending