The Student Room Group

Annoying trait of my gf

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by singerpianist
How do you react when she's telling you all about her day? Do you appear bored or frustrated by it? Do you just listen and not ask her questions? It may be that she is simply wanting to share all the details with you, but could also be that she's noticed you finding her discussions annoying and so is talking more as she's trying to get you to take interest in her?

Best post! Lol this is so true. I used to always listen and really interact, but during certain times I don't. She said her way of coping when I just don't say much back is to keep talking as almost reassurance.

At the end of the day, it's nice to share things with each other, but if you really don't like it that much that it's making you feel negatively about her then just talk to her again. Say how you like hearing about things she's done and you're interested in her, but you find it difficult to relate to it when she's talking about people you don't know etc etc.

Do you tell her much about your day? If not, maybe she's hoping that sharing her day so much will encourage you to tell her about yours. Does she ask questions about things you talk about? If not, you could mention that when you bring up the subject, and say you want her to be more interested in you too...

I think lots of replies above are a reaction to the way you worded this...sounds like you're not interested in her at all and just want her to shut up!?! ...so perhaps bring it up a little more tactfully if you go ahead in discussing with her again. But perhaps she is just very chatty and that is part of her personality that I guess you've either got to work around if you want to stay with her, or think about whether it puts you off so much that you don't want to carry things on.

It was just a bad day but we talked it over and it's fine. Got some impending deadlines coming and it was all getting to me hence badly worded. :smile:

I like hearing from her and miss her loads when she doesn't call even for an hour. Just sometimes she doesn't get to the point and describes everything else. I told her once that it would be better if she told me the main point and then talked around it. She agreed but it doesn't always happen :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Best post! Lol this is so true. I used to always listen and really interact, but during certain times I don't. She said her way of coping when I just don't say much back is to keep talking as almost reassurance.

It was just a bad day but we talked it over and it's fine. Got some impending deadlines coming and it was all getting to me hence badly worded. :smile:

I like hearing from her and miss her loads when she doesn't call even for an hour. Just sometimes she doesn't get to the point and describes everything else. I told her once that it would be better if she told me the main point and then talked around it. She agreed but it doesn't always happen :tongue:

Well if you've spoken to her and she's noted and agreed, then that's something good. And you saying it 'doesnt always happen' suggests that it doesn't happen all the time, and so she must be trying with it :smile: Glad you talked it over!
Original post by hippieglitter
My boyfriend likes to know what I did with my day and I like to hear what he did with his day, that's what couples do. If you're not remotely interested in her and her life why the hell are you with her?

Isn't that obvious? :tongue:

And yes, most people tell their other half about their day.
Reply 23
She talks too much about rubbish. How to tell her? I have been with her for a while but I can't be asked to here how her stupid day went and minute details. I don't being told what happened. But the way she does it? Like she will say so and so was nice to her, so and so was funny? It's like wtf. How do you read so much into one ******* day.

Sick of her voice.

Do other girls update their bf to this extent?

You need to break up with her, don't be nasty about it but something obviously isn't working.

This reminds me of a situation that I was in, every time I spoke to my then girlfriend it felt exactly the same as it did when my mum nagged me and I just agree with everything she's saying or just nod along so that she shuts the **** up; I knew it was time to break up.
Reply 24
Original post by anti-duck
You need to break up with her, don't be nasty about it but something obviously isn't working.

This reminds me of a situation that I was in, every time I spoke to my then girlfriend it felt exactly the same as it did when my mum nagged me and I just agree with everything she's saying or just nod along so that she shuts the **** up; I knew it was time to break up.

That reminds me of a book I had when I was a teen. It was a crap guide to getting girls written by a girl. No PUA stuff just general info. It say always listen to a girl and engage, if you can't do that at least nod in agreement.

ROFL.
Reply 25
You obviously don't get on so you should leave her
LAD

Joking sir :smile: On a serious note-Its a tough one believe me someone close to me is in a very similiar relationship. Him and his GF have been together for over a year now in a LDR. The amount of time of the phone is beyond ridiculous-2/3 hours EVERY DAY ON TOP of texting throughout the day! This is mainly down to her. Whilst dude warmed to it initially, Im sure its ticking him off now a bit (and he's very very patient and cool headed).

But the thing is what does she talk about now? In the case of this dude/gf after so many hours they probably exhausted every single topic going. Not sure if its the case in your situation.
Do you think this problem might be linked to you guys being celibate? Sex is a fun way to form a connection with your partner, as well as relieving stress. I think not having sex in a loving relationship is unnatural, so will likely cause tension.
TBH OP I do have the answer to all your problems, but it will only work if she talks when shes with you in person. Here it is: when she begins to talk, stick it in her mouth. Jobs a good un :smile:
Reply 29
That reminds me of a book I had when I was a teen. It was a crap guide to getting girls written by a girl. No PUA stuff just general info. It say always listen to a girl and engage, if you can't do that at least nod in agreement.

ROFL.

Lol! :biggrin: Good book :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending