The Student Room Group

Which A Level is more impressive for Medicine?

I'm stuck between Latin and English Literature, both of which I like and am good at, though I feel that latin at A2 may be too hard, and I don't want to rule out continuing wiht my 4th AS option to A2. Anyone know if English Literature is impressive for medicine or if Latin is really hard?
Reply 1
either would be fine for medicine. Seriously, it's more important to get the grades. Which one will you perform the best in?
Reply 2
Agree with above poster. It's pretty hard to conclude from those two subjects which one is more impressive or difficult. I've actually heard from my one friend who does both subjects that she finds English harder than Latin, but that's just going to be her personal opinion. Even so, they come pretty close in overall terms. I'd recommend considering which one you are more likely to get the A in.
I'd stay with literature as its easier in the sense your more experienced but for me Latin sounds much more impressive and different which would give you an advantage
Reply 4
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
I'd stay with literature as its easier in the sense your more experienced but for me Latin sounds much more impressive and different which would give you an advantage

this simply isn't true.
Reply 5
Original post by Anita Greenleaf
I'm stuck between Latin and English Literature, both of which I like and am good at, though I feel that latin at A2 may be too hard, and I don't want to rule out continuing wiht my 4th AS option to A2. Anyone know if English Literature is impressive for medicine or if Latin is really hard?

You need Chemistry A-level and Biology to at least AS (for the majority of medical schools but there are exceptions) other than that you can do anything.. It's probably best to strike a balance between something you enjoy and can do well at :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending