The Student Room Group

zineryt solution and clinique

HI, i recently bought Zineryt solution (erythromycin, zinc acetate).

i have been using this for about 2 weeks and it has not made any changes to my skin. im 19 and i have combination skin and mild acne, i want to start using a product called clinique anti-blemish solution. would this cause a reaction to my skin?
Reply 1
I don't think it would cause a reaction, but from my experience with acne (I've been prescribed exactly zineryt about 4-6 months ago) and now heading on to use Roaccutane soon, I doubt the Clinique will help with the kind of acne Zineryt helps with. The amount of times myself and my sister have tried these brands and solutions just never work for our acne, but I guess it is one of those things that may work on you but not for everyone.
Reply 2
thanks, been much help:smile:
Reply 3
I've had acne for about 10 years and I tried Clinique Anti-blemish for a while last year. To be honest, it won't 'fix' your skin but it did help more than other over the counter face washes. That being said, after two months or so, I had to stop using it because it made my face so incredibly dry. And Clinique moisturisers are no help at all for dry skin. I've also tried Zineryt and I thought it was useless.

The only really helpful thing you can do is go and see your GP.
Reply 4
I used Zineryt, got a little better then got bad again. I've used so many products and the only thing that helped me was the Dianette contraceptive pill, so maybe ask your GP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You need to give any acne treatment more than 2 weeks to see if it's going to work - more like 8 to 12 weeks before you can make a decision if there's been any improvement or not. To be honest the only things that worked for my acne was Dianette, but you can't be on it for too long, I think a year or two at most. I'm now on a new contraceptive pill called Yasmin, which works well, though not as good as Dianette.
Reply 6
thanks for all your replies. I'll ask my GP for the dianette pill. Hope it goes well:smile:
Reply 7
I used to use Clinique Anti-Blemish solution, the foaming face wash and I found it actually made my skin worse. I don't have acne but I do have a few spots here and there every now and again. I'm an absolutely huge Clinique fan, practically all my make up is made by them so I wouldn't slate their face wash unless I actually meant I was really disappointed with it. I've found the oil balancing one works brilliantly for me though but could be different for different people :smile:
Reply 8
Freederm works for me. Dont use it on your penis though.

Quick Reply

Latest