The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature - how many paragraphs?

I'm not doing this exam for a good few months but I really want to start preparing for it ASAP, soooo...
how many paragraphs should I write for Section A?
We have 45 minutes, and the question is like this:
Answer part (a) and part (b)
Part (a)
How does Aboulela present families in Something Old, Something New?
and then Part (b)
Write about how the writer presents a family in one other story from
Sunlight on the Grass.

I've been practising doing half the question (i.e. just part (a)) and I can only just write three points, in three paragraphs, in 20 minutes.
How much did y'all write on section a? How many points did you make? Would a total of 6 paragraphs, but with no intro/conclusion, be enough?
Thanks for any help, I'd really appreciate it!
Original post by tingirl
I'm not doing this exam for a good few months but I really want to start preparing for it ASAP, soooo...
how many paragraphs should I write for Section A?
We have 45 minutes, and the question is like this:

I've been practising doing half the question (i.e. just part (a)) and I can only just write three points, in three paragraphs, in 20 minutes.
How much did y'all write on section a? How many points did you make? Would a total of 6 paragraphs, but with no intro/conclusion, be enough?
Thanks for any help, I'd really appreciate it!

I would aim for 4-5 sides in 45 minutes
Reply 2
I'm also studying Sunlight On The Grass, but I don't have much notes on the stories, so if you have any could you please email me them.
I only did about 5 paragraphs for each section (I'm a slow writer) I only wrote about two sides and got full marks on both x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending