The Student Room Group

What is the appeal of a ONS?

Don't really understand the appeal - versus developing a relationship. Sure lust might make me tempted, but I would usually hope it was the start of something longer. Is it mostly very sexually attractive people who value this as a refreshing alternative?
Not everyone wants or can deal with a relationship and the drama and responsibility that brings. Sure sex might be more fulfilling as part of a loving partnership, but there is another side, spontaneous adventure that a ons can really work for.
tricky one..um oh yeah. sex
Reply 3
Why is it versus developing a relationship? You can still go out and pull if you are just seeing someone, or you can start a relationship with an ONS.

The appeal for me was always largely that it's like a little adventure, I loved the unpredictability of being single, going out having no idea of where you'd end up.
seks
Reply 5
Original post by Mankytoes
Why is it versus developing a relationship? You can still go out and pull if you are just seeing someone, or you can start a relationship with an ONS.

The appeal for me was always largely that it's like a little adventure, I loved the unpredictability of being single, going out having no idea of where you'd end up.

For me if you start a relationship with a ONS it isn't a ONS. I apply this to the situation where you are aware at the outset you will not want to take it further the next day. I remember a sexually confident female friend telling me that if a bloke asked her if he could see her again the next day she always said yes to avoid debate while hastily making him a cup of tea and rushing him out of the house. And subsequently she became elusive. Seemed a strange modus operandi to me..
Reply 6
This thread is so tsr.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
For me if you start a relationship with a ONS it isn't a ONS. I apply this to the situation where you are aware at the outset you will not want to take it further the next day. I remember a sexually confident female friend telling me that if a bloke asked her if he could see her again the next day she always said yes to avoid debate while hastily making him a cup of tea and rushing him out of the house. And subsequently she became elusive. Seemed a strange modus operandi to me..

I say that because it's how my relationship started. We weren't intending to take it any further, but if you've found someone you're attracted to and they seem nice, why not take things further and see them again?

If you are open minded, an ONS can become something bigger.

Quick Reply

Latest