The Student Room Group

How much Does revision actually help?

I know revision does help and im not trying to boast about not revising.
Ok basically im predicted all B's A's and A*'s but i dont revise and i mostly get one grade boundry below expected i often found revising to be impossible boring and thought i was just lazy but i just got diagnosed with A.D.D and am taking medication for it. I just wonder if now i can concentrate easier i can start to revise more what do you think my grades will be if i revise seeing as i do none at the momment and i often either skip school or dont focus in lessons (not trying to sound 'hard' just giving u some background) also how much revision should i do per night?

Thanks for reading and any replys will be most welcome :smile:

P.s sorry about my bad grammer/spelling/punctuation :wink:
Reply 1
Sounds like you're doing GCSEs. You're right, you don't need to revise for them. You're in for a huge shock come A Levels though.
Reply 2
How much revision do you need for a levels then?
Reply 3
Original post by randymarsh
How much revision do you need for a levels then?

You can never do enough revision for A levels.
Reply 4
Wrong. I barely revised for my A-levels. If someone hadn't told me to learn only what I didn't know (a.k.a only what you need to know) then I never would have got A*A*AA in my A-levels last year.

My advice? Set aside your revision time to do practice questions instead, determine where you are struggling or there are gaps in your knowledge, and fill them up.

I think with some heavy knowledge subjects (like, from what I have heard, Law at university, maybe history/geography at A-level) its a good idea to do this and revise a bit, but as I did science subjects and maths (which is all about the method), it wasn't difficult this way.

Hope this helps (i know, like me, you find revision boring)
i like chinese food
revising helps a lot but you need to find what works for you. I find after ive made notes and mindmaps i have to do loads of practice questions and i also write out loads of notes from memory and revise the stuff i have not remembered. revising a little for GCSE's is something you can get away with but I think for the majority of people A levels requires a lot more work, consistently throughout the year. At AS from April onwards I was averaging around 4 hours a day. I've almost done with A2's and from March onwards I have been averaging 5-8 hours study a day.
This was crap I didn't revise for my A levels and I got all A's, you guys need to stop ****ing around inside revising and go out with some real people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending