The Student Room Group

Med Uni with no interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Iz08
What's required in such situations is a compassion, understanding and professionalism. True that you cannot be a doctor without all this.

I know I gave both sides of the argument and the my own opinion but I still believe that a very knowledgeable doctor with no bedside manner is still a good doctor
Reply 41
Original post by Bomb
I don't think I can cope under the stress of the interview and I don't believe I have good personal skills

You will need to address these issues at some point during your medical career, so I would advise doing that now. Being able to apply to medical schools based on your strengths instead of having to avoid unaddressed issues will greatly reduce your chances, imo.
You may also not be as "bad" at interviews as you think. Almost everyone feels anxious about interviews, and even being extremely anxious in interview also doesn't always ruin your chances, if you can still present yourself and your attitudes reasonably well. Practice (and developing your confidence) will help. Remember, interviews aren't about catching you out, they're about giving you the opportunity to present (or demonstrate) your strengths.

I applied to Soton (4 years ago now but still!), out of a desire to have one which didn't interview, it was a mistake because I didn't have the strengths in my application that Soton were looking for, and I didn't get an offer.

As an alternative, if you still feel that interviews are a weakness, apply to schools which place less of an emphasis on interview.

There may be some schools which normally interview, but allow exceptions or alternatives for international students who have to travel. I'd imagine you'd have to contact them individually about this.

I think it may severely affect your chances of getting an offer if you are limited to non-interviewing schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending