The Student Room Group

TSR Relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Funtry
agreed, a close friend of mine was catfished about 2 years back (and by close friend I definitely don't mean me (I do)).

What's catfished? :confused:
I'm not familar with this 'slang'? :cool:
Reply 21
Original post by madz2802

Say you meet someone online, get to know them, get feelings for them and then they turn out to be someone else. Not so fun!
Reply 22
Original post by madz2802

There was a film-documentary (real life) about how this guy's friend on Facebook was posing as someone completely different then they actually were. The film was called Catfish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Funtry
Say you meet someone online, get to know them, get feelings for them and then they turn out to be someone else. Not so fun!

Awhh doesn't sound fun

Original post by Username97
There was a film-documentary (real life) about how this guy's friend on Facebook was posing as someone completely different then they actually were. The film was called Catfish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, well now I feel stupid..
Reply 24
I went for lunch with a fellow medicine applicant , who I met on here, after our interviews were both over. We get on so well, as we have a very similar outlook on life and we're hoping to meet up again over half term.
One of my friends on here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=366441

Amelia (aka Mally) met up with another TSR user and they went out.

She doesn't come on TSR no more

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=813923

^ this is the guy she went out with.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
From the TSR Cambridge / TSR meets ... It became that it felt like tsr attracts a bunch of weirdos / strange ppl... But maybe they found me strange , there were some tsr Oxbridge couples there too so it does happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i made a friend on here before. Friends for about a year and now we dont talk :smile:

i also lived with people i met off tsr.
Reply 28
Original post by pinkangelgirl
i made a friend on here before. Friends for about a year and now we dont talk :smile:

i also lived with people i met off tsr.

Really? Did you meet them on TSR, then find out you lived with them in halls, or did you find out you lived in the same town/went to the same uni and needed a roommate, or was this just one massive tsr house?
Original post by Funtry
Really? Did you meet them on TSR, then find out you lived with them in halls, or did you find out you lived in the same town/went to the same uni and needed a roommate, or was this just one massive tsr house?

no, we all met off here. there was quite a big meet 2 years ago- about 10 TSR members turned up, and i went off with 2 of them and we got a house together. (we dont talk now after i told her boyfriend she had sex with someone else during a break. TBF i was very drunk when i told him and i feel bad but oh well).
Reply 30
no, we all met off here. there was quite a big meet 2 years ago- about 10 TSR members turned up, and i went off with 2 of them and we got a house together. (we dont talk now after i told her boyfriend she had sex with someone else during a break. TBF i was very drunk when i told him and i feel bad but oh well).

Sounds a bit impromptu, but props to you for doing that! I wouldn't have the guts.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing it again though, seems like you were quite lucky..
Original post by Funtry
Sounds a bit impromptu, but props to you for doing that! I wouldn't have the guts.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing it again though, seems like you were quite lucky..

why would u not recommend it?
Reply 32
why would u not recommend it?

Some people may turn out to be a bit weird, even if they don't seem it initially, and I personally wouldn't want to be forced to stay with them due to the fact that I still have to pay rent!

I sound like a 70 year old right now :colonhash:
Original post by Funtry
Some people may turn out to be a bit weird, even if they don't seem it initially, and I personally wouldn't want to be forced to stay with them due to the fact that I still have to pay rent!

I sound like a 70 year old right now :colonhash:

well we did get to know each other first and met up quite a few times :smile:
I'm single?

Seriously? relationships form on TSR :O I don't even have any friends on the forum!
Guys if you want to chat in general please use the chat section, don't derail a H&R thread, thank you :smile:
Original post by Username97

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a TV show too about the same thing, it's really big here in the US. I watched one last week where this guy thought he was meeting a pretty blonde girl (they had been talking online for 2 years) and it turned out to be a gay black man.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Daniel George
I'm single?

Seriously? relationships form on TSR :O I don't even have any friends on the forum!

Same her haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by PoGo HoPz
I imagine the conversation on your first date must have been riveting...

Damn right. :tongue:
Original post by Dagnabbit
They're definitely possible. You have to get yourself noticed, though. It's much like Year 9 in school when, in a typical mixed comprehensive, the extroverted and 'cheeky' ones got the female attention while the ones who sat quietly and did all their homework and who made you think 'what was his name again?', yeah, they weren't so lucky.

TSR is similar but it has its own quirks.

Not always true. I've probably been quite noticeable on TSR for quite a few years but it hasn't helped me at all in hooking up with anyone :frown:. Not that I actively seek it out or anything, but still, you'd think at least one other lonely sod would have given me a chance by now, especially as it's probably no secret that I've always been single whilst a member of this forum. But I guess people are weird so what should I expect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending