The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Anyone else applied for foundation year maths?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Iqbal007
Yeah, I know people who pretty much live in the cabins in the library :lolwut: you'll get used to it.
Well get it done, I haven't even started anything.

It actually isn't........Russell group status is based on research, Academic reports, etc so masters and phd and lecturer stuff. Just going to a Russell group doesn't mean you're guaranteed a job at all, its not one bit true to be honest.......it all depends on the person, at the highest paid graduate programs they won't care or even know whether they are Russell group sometimes, but simple from the reputation of the name...so a few unis would get recognition which are the elite ones.

Yah, i don't see myself doing that :s And alright bossy boots, you get it done too :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 81
Original post by Tasnima_
you mean long story short :P ahhh i see, well doesn't matter it happens to alot of people, atleast you tried again! and lol i believe you :biggrin:

Lool yeah haha :-$ yup Allah knows best, I'm just so happy I tried again coz I nearly ended up doing btec but btec course was full forcing me to do a-levels! Guess it was written :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by BengaliBoy
Lool yeah haha :-$ yup Allah knows best, I'm just so happy I tried again coz I nearly ended up doing btec but btec course was full forcing me to do a-levels! Guess it was written :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh lucky! it was meant to be :biggrin:
Reply 83
Yeah I know officially it's based on research etc but the fact is the Russell group unis have the highest entry requirements and the most intelligent people. I have an uncle at Credit Suisse and a cousin at Accenture, they both sometimes interview candidates and said generally they only really look at people who went Russell group unis and take them seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually they don't to be honest.........there are plenty of places which aren't Russell group but are considered highly............plus its pretty easy to get into QM lowest entry is like BBC I believe.
And again, going to Russell group doesn't guarantee anything, it all depends on the individuals and what they have done.....those who volunteer, have links, loads of society stuff, work experience, etc are much better off than others, even if they didn't go to a Russell group. Something like investment banking is especially hard, QMUL has very little links with that kind of stuff, mainly with their technology departments from my experience.

Yah, i don't see myself doing that :s And alright bossy boots, you get it done too :smile:

Well staying till like 1am most probably :teehee:
Dont worry :smile:
Reply 84
Actually they don't to be honest.........there are plenty of places which aren't Russell group but are considered highly............plus its pretty easy to get into QM lowest entry is like BBC I believe.
And again, going to Russell group doesn't guarantee anything, it all depends on the individuals and what they have done.....those who volunteer, have links, loads of society stuff, work experience, etc are much better off than others, even if they didn't go to a Russell group. Something like investment banking is especially hard, QMUL has very little links with that kind of stuff, mainly with their technology departments from my experience.

Well staying till like 1am most probably :teehee:
Dont worry :smile:

Pshttt, as if my parents would let me stay till that late!
Reply 85
Pshttt, as if my parents would let me stay till that late!

Plenty of sisters staying till late, they just jam together or have a car.
Reply 86
Plenty of sisters staying till late, they just jam together or have a car.

that's not the point, my parents wouldn't like me staying out that late, and neither would I :smile:
Reply 87
that's not the point, my parents wouldn't like me staying out that late, and neither would I :smile:

Ok fine, you can come in like 6 in the morning in the freezing cold :teehee:
Reply 88
Ok fine, you can come in like 6 in the morning in the freezing cold :teehee:

Or how about I come in during the late morning or afternoon and leave around 7 like a normal person :smile:
Reply 89
Or how about I come in during the late morning or afternoon and leave around 7 like a normal person :smile:

Thats not a normal person at uni, people would find them abnormal and weird loooool "why aren't you studying lazy women" not joking, library becomes crazy packed
Reply 90
Thats not a normal person at uni, people would find them abnormal and weird loooool "why aren't you studying lazy women" not joking, library becomes crazy packed

that's just weird and soo not me lool :P but i wouldn't mind doing an all nighter once!
Reply 91
that's just weird and soo not me lool :P but i wouldn't mind doing an all nighter once!

Yeah, trust me you'll be the only weird one.....apart from those go home a they live far away and just revise constantly. Well eat healthy, drink plenty, pray and revise.......good luck :smile:
Reply 92
Yeah, trust me you'll be the only weird one.....apart from those go home a they live far away and just revise constantly. Well eat healthy, drink plenty, pray and revise.......good luck :smile:

hey i've been the weird one my whole school years, why should Uni be any different ;D and thanks will do! :smile:
Reply 93
hey i've been the weird one my whole school years, why should Uni be any different ;D and thanks will do! :smile:

everyone's unique therefore weird so you'll fit in fine :smile:
Reply 94
everyone's unique therefore weird so you'll fit in fine :smile:

haha i know :P and thanks for the advice, i'll let you know whether i get a place or not, since you've been really nice :smile:
Reply 95
haha i know :P and thanks for the advice, i'll let you know whether i get a place or not, since you've been really nice :smile:

No problem, enjoy revising and also recommend getting off tsr for this period :smile:
Reply 96
ahh lucky! it was meant to be :biggrin:

Yup all praise to Allah :biggrin: now I just have get the grades and insha'Allah get into QM!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Yup all praise to Allah :biggrin: now I just have get the grades and insha'Allah get into QM!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insha'Allah that's the case for both of us! :smile:
Reply 98
No problem, enjoy revising and also recommend getting off tsr for this period :smile:

haha, i'll try my best :P
Reply 99
Insha'Allah that's the case for both of us! :smile:

Yup insha'Allah you get the grades too and we both get in :-) let me know in August yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending