The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I doing it too, though for the first time.

I'm really worried though because the other history class in my year are all saying, "I can't believe how easy it is to do well in this paper" and here I am absolutely bricking it because I haven't got over 40/60 in a timed past paper, and I'm supposedly the best in our year at history!

I'm just wondering if our teacher is marking us extra hard, but if she isn't then she better help me out because I need to do well.

*worries*

:frown:
Reply 2
this is my second attempt at doing Life in Hitlers Germany, everyone said to me how easy they thought it was and i couldnt beleive it. well the exam time has come again and i am extremly nervous that i will fail again.
so dont worry
Good Luck
Reply 3
I'm doing it Monday.

I think it should be OK, I reckon Religion is gonna come up as a Question C as it has never come up before, but it a major part of the Syllabus.

Will be very interesting to see.

I wanna get a good result first time because the format of the paper is changing next year, don't want to have to resit it!
Reply 4
Doing it for my first time on monday also, i've barely got over 45/60 in a timed essay either, the only thing i have going for me though is that i can write around 6 sides in the time, quality not quantity... bollox to that :smile:
Reply 5
Just to let you know that last year 43/60 and up was an A. :smile:

Good luck to you all. I certainly need it!
Reply 6
Im doing it too for the first time.

Really hoping religion does not come up though for a question c).

My teacher has said that it really hard to pick which questions are coming though as all the past papers we have looked at have had Women as either a),b) or c). So it looks like a favourite topic of the exam boards.

Would prefer questions on the Econemy or Treatment of Minorities.
Reply 7
Could Agriculture come up as the c) question? i always assumed it was just background to a few things like social classes - reich food estate and entailed farm law, i never thought it could be a whole essay?

I've done so much work but nothing to be able to write about agriculture, is there actually enough info for agriculture to come up as a c) question?

Thanks,
Alex.
Reply 8
I'm doing this paper on Monday as well, reasonably confident, frantically revising the key dates and stuff now.

My teacher gave us 5 years worth of papers, economic policy is piss, women's pretty easy. Last years Question C was about living standards which seemed pretty difficult.

Seen as the exams out of 60 marks and exams 60 mins = 1 mark per minute...

Good luck everybody!
Reply 9
mills, if you're still there or anyone else who is doing this module... Have you studied agriculture in great detail?, meaning in enough detail to do a 36 mark question?
Reply 10
Alex_Pi
mills, if you're still there or anyone else who is doing this module... Have you studied agriculture in great detail?, meaning in enough detail to do a 36 mark question?

Haven't done much on it in class at all, I made a few notes about it earlier. From my book that I have, there's not really that much on agriculture.

Have just looked at the spec and it doesn't mention anything about agriculture so..
Reply 11
mills04
I'm doing this paper on Monday as well, reasonably confident, frantically revising the key dates and stuff now.

My teacher gave us 5 years worth of papers, economic policy is piss, women's pretty easy. Last years Question C was about living standards which seemed pretty difficult.

Seen as the exams out of 60 marks and exams 60 mins = 1 mark per minute...

Good luck everybody!

Last year's question would have killed me had I got it! Holy frock, I hope nothing like that comes up on Monday. The thing about that living standards question is that if you hadn't known bucket-loads of statistics, it would have been almost impossible to argue your case. Gah...

Good luck everyone.
Reply 12
Im doing this paper tomorrow and i know the stuff, i just find it difficult getting it out on the paper, i easily miss out the obvious things as i crumble/get majorly nervous under pressure, i have 10 exams in the upcoming weeks! i'm sure i will do fine but im soo nervous!

Good Luck to everyone for tomorrow x
Reply 13
The living standard question wasn't too hard. You really didn't need a great deal of statistics.

Agriculture won't come up as a 36 marks. There simply isn't enough on it.

My college also says that religion is the most likely, with women probably coming up either as a 10 or 14 market.

Personally, I'd have preferred a 36-mark question on the economy. Religion is just too vague.
Reply 14
I really hope a question on living standards doesn't come up, i did it as a past paper practise question and found it so difficult!
What did everyone think of the exam?

I thought it was alright, the questions were not too bad.
Reply 16
Hey

I agree, they weren't the worst thing ever, lets just pray we all did well

Good Luck with the results everyone!
Reply 17
Easssy peasy.
Reply 18
What did everyone put for the question b - about how the Nazi regime tried to undermine the churches?

I think I might not have done enough for that one - I included how the Nazis created the Nazi Protestant Church, how the bible was replaced by Mein Kampf, how Hitler set up the German Faith Movement (and how it wasn't successful) and how the Nazis dealt with opposition from the Confessional church. All in all about a 2/3 of a page.

I was pleased with the source question, easy peasy. The 36 mark one on the economy was easy too, I did 3 and a half pages for that one. You can actually get a C from getting full marks on the c questions alone.
Reply 19
Dodgy paper.

Think I probably got all of the 'answers' down, but my handwriting will undoubtedly hurt the examiners eyes. Additionally, I might have missed a few things out, and I'm pretty sure I screwed up on Question C.

Not fun.

Latest

Trending

Trending