The Student Room Group

3rd year students - bricking it?

So it's nearly 4 months till it's all over - what are your plans? Is the idea of looking for a full time job daunting, or you going to take a year out?
I feel quite sad that it's nearly over - proper loved being a student despite the stress it brought with work, lol
Reply 1
Original post by ScouseEmma28
So it's nearly 4 months till it's all over - what are your plans? Is the idea of looking for a full time job daunting, or you going to take a year out?
I feel quite sad that it's nearly over - proper loved being a student despite the stress it brought with work, lol

Most people on my course were fatigued in the third year and just wanted it to end. Writing an extended essay also separates those who are genuinely interested in the subject from those who thought they were interested in it. Plus you have the added pressure of applying for things during your third year, whether it is further training, a master's degree or some sort of job.

Being a student is not really stressful at all. If you have not already been looking for a job then chances are you will be unemployed when you graduate too.
Reply 2
I'm pretty tired by now and as the above poster said, just kinda want it over with. I have enjoyed it but its been so long. I'm doing teacher training after this. It'll be nice to finally be in my career after years of working towards it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending