The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A level requirents

I want to apply to LSE when I go to Uni. SO i want to know what are the A level requirements for Law, Economics and Accounting courses.
Reply 1
Original post by AspenXtreme
I want to apply to LSE when I go to Uni. SO i want to know what are the A level requirements for Law, Economics and Accounting courses.

Law and Economics will be A*AAE
Accounting will be AAA
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Lunch_Box
Law and Economics will be A*AAE

What's with the E?
It's A*AA with A* in maths, a pass in 4th is not necessary.
Reply 3
Original post by CEKTOP
What's with the E?
It's A*AA with A* in maths, a pass in 4th is not necessary.

I'm not sure about Law, but for LSE this is the case:

"Usual standard offer: For students taking three A levels: grades A* A A with an A* in Mathematics. For students taking four or more A levels: grades A*A A plus a pass in a fourth A level, with an A* in Mathematics. Students taking Further Mathematics to AS level only will be required to achieve grade A."

The pass in the fourth A level is an E.
Reply 4
Original post by Lunch_Box
I'm not sure about Law, but for LSE this is the case:

"Usual standard offer: For students taking three A levels: grades A* A A with an A* in Mathematics. For students taking four or more A levels: grades A*A A plus a pass in a fourth A level, with an A* in Mathematics. Students taking Further Mathematics to AS level only will be required to achieve grade A."

The pass in the fourth A level is an E.

The 2 options are virtually the same, puzzling bureaucracy.
Reply 5
Note about LSE and maths - I applied and was offered a place at LSE to study Law, grades to be A*AA not including further maths (ie. from maths, geography and economics). So if you're looking for an essay based subject at LSE, make sure you've got enough non-maths subjects :smile:
Reply 6
I will require A/AS level English right if I wana do Law?
Reply 7
Original post by AspenXtreme
I will require A/AS level English right if I wana do Law?

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2013/degreeProgrammes2013.aspx

if you click on the links down the left hand side of the page then you can find out much more quickly the answers to many of your questions :smile:

so to answer your question, you do not require A level English to apply to read law at LSE

Quick Reply

Latest