The Student Room Group

What to do as I wait for September?

My life at home is boring and bound by too many rules. As you can probably guess, I'm buzzing for september 2013 when I will be off to uni to do whatever my heart desires..... and Software Engineering. However, waiting for that day is a long and tiresome process... I've been waiting since June 5th 2012 and it just gets longer and longer and it doesn't help that I love that greenday song "wake me up when September ends"

Is anyone else in the same situation as me? let us all discuss methods of killing 7 months... but please do not post any of the following:
•Revision
•Homework
•Coursework
•Exercise
•wine making
•learning the craft of the card house

Furthermore, I am already doing the following... please do not suggest these as it would be spam but feel free to use them for yourself:

•Getting drunk 5 nights a week
•Practising dance moves
•Watching every new episode of the 'Big bang Theory'
•Reading the student room every 10 minutes
•Listening to green day

---Hall Of Good Ideas---
"Part time job" by Potally_Tissed
"learn an instrument" by Sannn
"get a head start" by Darth Stewie
"just continuously masturbate" by Funtry
(edited 11 years ago)
Part time job? I realise the job market isn't exactly brilliant right now, but no harm in looking around.
Reply 2
That's genius, I'll put it in the 'Hall of good ideas'
I would suggest taking a look at your future curriculum, particularly what programming languages you will be learning and come up with a fun project (for instance making a game) to A) Learn the essentials of programming in general (if you are not already familiar) and B) get a head start by gaining some experience in a language you will be using for your assignments.
Reply 4
wow this is currently my life too.

BTW uni isn't as life changing as people think. Regardless of if you're at home with your parents or at uni with all the freedom life can ever give you, it's still up to you to make out of it as you wish.

I'm not saying uni is ****, its great. I had an amazing first year. But don't expect the world from uni, just by being there and without trying. you really do have to put in the effort.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Learn an instrument? Music's a good talking point for university.
Reply 6
Go to a festival.
Backpack somewhere.
Live in a foreign country for a month or two (assuming you have the money).
Learn to drive.
Teach yourself to make some exotic cocktails (always a great icebreaker).
Hmm... maybe start dabbling in electronics. Get a raspberry pi? Arduino board? There's loads of fun little projects to do at Maplins, which could be interesting if you're into that kind of thing, and could help you with software engineering if you do decide to go into electrical/electronic engineering alongside.
Reply 8
Well as for the summer, I got a job in Greece in a holiday resort so the summer's gonna be a breeze it's just the time from now until June that I'm really concerned about.... how does one make days go by faster?
Reply 9
volunteering?
Reply 10
Video games??
Reply 11
Just continuously masturbate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending