The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Petrozzi
Daveo, just to keep you in the loop... I've not been able to get in touch with the lad I know at Richmond at the mo as he's not been on the net. Have you got any further info about your problem or?

Well my file sharey problem is fixed for the time bieng, I'm using itunes sharing music over the network with a handy little tool for stealing tracks.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Daveo
Well my file sharey problem is fixed for the time bieng, I'm using itunes sharing music over the network with a handy little tool for stealing tracks.

You have any pictures of your accom btw Daveo?
Reply 22
Petrozzi
You have any pictures of your accom btw Daveo?
! I'll see what I can russel up.
Reply 23
Petrozzi
You fancy selling Fallowfield to me Matt? Considering it's goddamn miles away and I'm not a morning person, especially when buses are involved and I'm still staggering from the night before? :tongue:

Miles away, you lazy git!!! Its isnt that far to walk (although this is coming from someone who walks 3 miles to college every day). I don't think its a good idea to try and sell Fallowfield to you, I've known you for a while now and I know that your not exactly punctual at the best of times so living across the road from the Kilburn building will sut you down to the ground mate!!! Whereas I like a walk in the morning (and living across the road from a gym)!!!
Reply 24
Leekey
I don't think its a good idea to try and sell Fallowfield to you, I've known you for a while now and I know that your not exactly punctual at the best of times so living across the road from the Kilburn building will sut you down to the ground mate!!! Whereas I like a walk in the morning (and living across the road from a gym)!!!

LOL, harsh but fair I suppose.

Gym I can do, but walking... sigh. :P

Come on, Grovensor is cheap and cheerful man in the thick of it all too! Ideal. I thought you were applying to Bowden Court anyway?
Reply 25
Petrozzi

Come on, Grovensor is cheap and cheerful man in the thick of it all too! Ideal. I thought you were applying to Bowden Court anyway?

Bowden Court has now been overtaken by Withworth Park. This is despite the fact that I would be living in a giant toblerone!!! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Leekey
Bowden Court has now been overtaken by Withworth Park. This is despite the fact that I would be living in a giant toblerone!!! :biggrin:

Er, that can only be a good thing. :tongue:

Avoid Ronson Hall at all costs, as soon as I entered the building I smelt rotting corpses on the staircase.
Reply 27
Sorry about starting the thread and abandoning it :tongue:, haven't been online in a few. Here's my thoughts on the day:

Well we got there at 3pm, true to typical unpunctual Bengali form. We was me, my parents, my sister, one of my brothers, and my aunt. Very embarassing, I'm the guy who brought the tribe along :rolleyes: Anyway, we went to the Grosvenor Group first. This nice (and well fit) Oriental bird showed us around three of the halls. First we saw GSB, then GP, then Bowden Court. In my eyes there was very little to separate them, but I really liked the room layout in Bowden Court. Little things like that will have a big impact over three years y'know. So I've gone with Bowden over GP as I originally thought.
Next we went a few minutes down the road to Whitworth Park. Had a look around, liked the facilities, rooms were OK too, it's my second choice. We didn't look elsewhere so I've put Hulme Hall as my third choice, to appease my folks who wanted a catered option. But I'd want to end up in either of the first two as they're dead close to the maths department.
I had been wearing my Man Utd shirt on the day. And as you know, United lost to City. So I get City fans beeping at me from their cars, banging on the bus window and pointing and laughing, and I enjoyed it. I can get used to this! You don't get that round here. Went to Subway for a munch for the first time, buff sandwich it was! I'm coming back regularly! Not a bad day all in all, we all went to Rusholme because my dad wanted to show us the Asian community. Yeah right I ain't setting foot in there...

So my three:
Bowden Court
Whitworth Park
Hulme Hall.
That form is getting sent off by the end of the week.
Reply 28
Just out of interest do any of you living in Fallowfield get any trouble with the locals? I know they are not exactly known to be tolerent towards students.

They don't like the idea they can't get in the Scream bar without an NUS but they don't realise those bars are only there because of the students! Its like 5th ave the none students moan about students making the place crowded but it is a student club what do they expect!

I some times walk from Central Library to Salford University, now that is quite a long walk (on par with Fallowfield to the Kilburn Building) but it always refereshes you for the 9:00am lectures!
Reply 29
ZJuwelH
Yeah right I ain't setting foot in there...

That'll be quite a feat being all of 4 minutes away from the SU =P And the only way out going through there :P
Reply 30
fishpaste
That'll be quite a feat being all of 4 minutes away from the SU =P And the only way out going through there :P

Guuh...
Reply 31
ZJuwelH
Guuh...

You never know, you might feel the urge to devour a "deer balti" or "donner pizza" one day.
Reply 32
amazingtrade
Just out of interest do any of you living in Fallowfield get any trouble with the locals? I know they are not exactly known to be tolerent towards students.

They don't like the idea they can't get in the Scream bar without an NUS but they don't realise those bars are only there because of the students! Its like 5th ave the none students moan about students making the place crowded but it is a student club what do they expect!

I some times walk from Central Library to Salford University, now that is quite a long walk (on par with Fallowfield to the Kilburn Building) but it always refereshes you for the 9:00am lectures!

5th Ave. is the best!!!

And do you work at the Kilburn building?
Reply 33
fishpaste
You never know, you might feel the urge to devour a "deer balti" or "donner pizza" one day.

I've had Bengali food my whole life, it's time to diversify man...

Latest