The Student Room Group

AQA CHEMISTRY UNIT2(CHEM2) June 4th 2013

Hey :smile: I know this may be a bit early but better to get started now than leave it late :wink:.I could't find a thread for CHEM2 on student room so thought I should create one and get things under way.Feel free to discuss anything relating to Chemistry Unit 2 here. :smile:

REVISION WEBSITES:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk
http://alevelchem.com/index.php
http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQ...try home.htm

PAST PAPERS & MARK SCHEMES:

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/scien...-materials.php (January 2009-June 2011 Past Papers+Mark schemes)
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/AQA/Chemistry/ (2002-2008 Past Papers+Mark schemes)

SYLLABUS:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2420-W-SP.PDF

Date of the exam : 4th June 2013 (pm)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing this exam!! So far I'm not enjoying this Unit. AT ALL. It's not hard though, just not particularly enjoyable.
Original post by Memphis_93
I'm doing this exam!! So far I'm not enjoying this Unit. AT ALL. It's not hard though, just not particularly enjoyable.

Guess it's best we get started with the revision then :wink: I'm sure we'll be fine! :biggrin:
Hello :smile: ,

Please can someone attach/scan/upload the official CHEM2 JAN 2013 paper ?

Secondly , what would be the best way to learn and revise all the equations and the hard tricky mechanisms ?

Many Thanks ( Thank You : appreciate the help ) :biggrin:

Good Luck Everyone :cool:
Taking this exam... and it feels so close yet we haven't even covered half the stuff yet! Might start teaching myself a bit ahead...
Original post by Tha Realest
Hello :smile: ,

Please can someone attach/scan/upload the official CHEM2 JAN 2013 paper ?

Secondly , what would be the best way to learn and revise all the equations and the hard tricky mechanisms ?

Many Thanks ( Thank You : appreciate the help ) :biggrin:

Good Luck Everyone :cool:

Sorry for the late reply! I'm just going to make flash cards for separate mechanisms/procedures,helps me you should try it too and then to perfect it APPLY and do as many questions as you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FutureMedic1009
Sorry for the late reply! I'm just going to make flash cards for separate mechanisms/procedures,helps me you should try it too and then to perfect it APPLY and do as many questions as you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot ... Thanks very much :biggrin:
Has anyone started revising for this exam? I feel bad because I haven't started any revision at all, and exams start in less than 3 months. Besides, I've only covered 3 chapters as of yet, of which, redox and the halogens are killing me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ive just started revising after finding out I really dont like any equations at all

Still got 95 days left to nail it though so starting early isnt a bad idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloe_White
Ive just started revising after finding out I really dont like any equations at all

Still got 95 days left to nail it though so starting early isnt a bad idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true, I think I'll start my revision today since I have no sixth form today.

How are you finding unit 2 so far?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That's true, I think I'll start my revision today since I have no sixth form today.

How are you finding unit 2 so far?

I'm not finding it too bad I suppose :smile: I quite like the 'basic concepts and hydrocarbons' and the 'halogenoalkanes and Ana;ysis' sections its more the 'energy' section i'm not too keen on. how about you?

I've just realised I'm doing OCR chemistry not AQA :s-smilie:
I'm not finding it too bad I suppose :smile: I quite like the 'basic concepts and hydrocarbons' and the 'halogenoalkanes and Ana;ysis' sections its more the 'energy' section i'm not too keen on. how about you?

I've just realised I'm doing OCR chemistry not AQA :s-smilie:

Haha, yeah, I imagine OCR chemistry and AQA vary a bit. Although, by halogenalkanes, did you mean haloalkanes?
Haha, yeah, I imagine OCR chemistry and AQA vary a bit. Although, by halogenalkanes, did you mean haloalkanes?

MY book says the section is called 'Alcohols, Halogenoalkanes and analysis' but that word doesn't sit right with me, haloakanes sounds much more suited??? Haha :colondollar:
MY book says the section is called 'Alcohols, Halogenoalkanes and analysis' but that word doesn't sit right with me, haloakanes sounds much more suited??? Haha :colondollar:

Yeah, I assume they're just making it obvious that its halogens and alkanes I guess. But yeah, most people use haloalkanes, but I can't say that I haven't heard halogenoalkanes before.

What's your favourite part of chemistry so far? Even though we follow different exam boards.. haha
Yeah, I assume they're just making it obvious that its halogens and alkanes I guess. But yeah, most people use haloalkanes, but I can't say that I haven't heard halogenoalkanes before.

What's your favourite part of chemistry so far? Even though we follow different exam boards.. haha

Well I dont think theyre completely different courses AQA and ORC...I dont know
But my favourite part so far is the Biochemistry side definitely not only because it was the easiest but both my Chemistry and Biology subjects interlinked with each other so that was pretty good because they're my favourite subjects from A levels :smile:
What about you? Whats your favourite part of Chemistry so far and what A levels do you do? :smile:
Reply 15
Unit 2 is fine for me, it's just that I have it on the same day as my C3! :afraid:
Well I dont think theyre completely different courses AQA and ORC...I dont know
But my favourite part so far is the Biochemistry side definitely not only because it was the easiest but both my Chemistry and Biology subjects interlinked with each other so that was pretty good because they're my favourite subjects from A levels :smile:
What about you? Whats your favourite part of Chemistry so far and what A levels do you do? :smile:

Not completely, but I imagine there are differences.

I prefer organic chemistry :tongue: so far I've just understood it, so yeah, haha

I do biology, psychology and maths :smile: how about you?
Original post by lolface32
Unit 2 is fine for me, it's just that I have it on the same day as my C3! :afraid:

I take it you're resitting it since you're in year 13?

I prefer organic chemistry :tongue: so far I've just understood it, so yeah, haha

I do Biology, Maths and History, organic chemistry is good, its the energy side of things where the equations come into it that it gets a bit tricky but it's quite a good unit I think :smile:

I do Biology, Maths and History, organic chemistry is good, its the energy side of things where the equations come into it that it gets a bit tricky but it's quite a good unit I think :smile:

I haven't yet done the energy side, but I've looked at it, looks difficult, but interesting.
Reply 19
I haven't yet done the energy side, but I've looked at it, looks difficult, but interesting.

Enthalpy calculations?
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending