The Student Room Group

How regarded would these GCSE's be?

I was just wondering how regarded these results would be if I do get them. Providing that my revision is efficient and I do well in the exams.
Any way this is what I think I will get. : Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Biology - A*
Geography - A/A*
English Literature - A
English Language - B
Computing ( Computer science) - B
French - B
This is what I really want and I think I will get ... Providing I do get these results can anyone give me an estimate what I will get at A-level if I cchoose the following subjects. Maths, Economics, Chemistry and physics. I know there is a large jump but a rough estimate would be appreciated.
Those are all good GCSE subjects, and will not hold you back at all.

It is, however, impossible to suggest what A Level grades you will get. Some people blossom at A Level, others flounder. Some find the leap from GCSE to AS hard (I got an A in GCSE Physics, and scraped a C at AS, for instance) whilst others don't. You'll just have to wait and see!
It's virtually impossible to accurately predict results at A-level from GCSE performance. A girl in my class got 9A*s and 2 As at GCSE but was getting Cs in AS biology (don't know her final grade).
Who knows? My GCSEs were far worse than that and I managed to get A*AA. Meh.
Original post by Syed97
I was just wondering how regarded these results would be if I do get them. Providing that my revision is efficient and I do well in the exams.
Any way this is what I think I will get. : Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Biology - A*
Geography - A/A*
English Literature - A
English Language - B
Computing ( Computer science) - B
French - B
This is what I really want and I think I will get ... Providing I do get these results can anyone give me an estimate what I will get at A-level if I cchoose the following subjects. Maths, Economics, Chemistry and physics. I know there is a large jump but a rough estimate would be appreciated.

Those are very good GCSEs. It's quite impossible to predict what you'll get at A level. I'm at AS level at the moment and it's so different from GCSE. It honestly depends on how well you adapt to the courses and the amount of work you put in. You'll see what I mean when you start college. All best for the future :smile:
It's impossible to predict what you'll get @ Alevel. Most people in my science classes for example have achieved A/A*s in GCSE Science, yet achieved grades range from A-Es.
Reply 6
Good GCSEs but... 9 isn't a lot is it? I don't know, at my school minimum was 12. you don't need 12, but...
These are actually really good if you get them but its hard to predict a/as level. For a fact I know someone who got A* in gcse english but got B in a level. And another person got 4 As at level but he was average in school. you just have to keep working hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest