The Student Room Group

Am i entitled to student finance? help

hi,

i'm going to keep this brief. Basically, i was born in England and moved to Spain when i was 8 years old. I went to an international school (english) so i obtained I.G.C.S.E qualifications. I moved back to England in the summer of 2011, one year and a half ago. I have all of my 5 offers back all from top Russell Group Universities and i am predicted AAA. I was never aware or made aware for that matter, of any factor that should hinder my student finance application. However, when i applied today i was told that as i have not lived in England for the last 3 years prior to my course, i am not eligible. Is this correct? If so what do i do? please help as this is really confusing
Reply 1
No, you are eligible, but the online system can't handle people who deviate from the norm.

You just need to fill in a paper application. :smile: If you click on the options through this link (you are a full time UK student btw) then it gives you the link to download the PN1 form which is the one you want. https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

If you already have a customer reference number from trying to apply online, include it on the paper application and they'll link it to your online account so you can track it's progress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending