The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

prosthetics and orthortics at strathclyde

I got an interview for prosthetics and orthortics at strathclyde and wondered if anyone is doing/applying/done the course? theres a part in the interview where you have to do a written piece on a prothetic but i was what to write about, help pleaseeeee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied to Strathclyde and was offered an interview. I contacted them to ask if I needed to prepare anything for the piece of written work and they said, "The question will be given out on the day & will be around prosthetics & orthotics".

Hope that helps.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
I had an interview for this course in December! The day is really good and really interesting! The written piece is basically just why you are suitable for the course it doesn't really require any background knowledge on Prosthetics.
Reply 3
thanks a lot, I had the interview two weeks ago and got a conditional
Reply 4
Congratulations on your offer! I got one too!!
Reply 5
well done! What's your conditions?
Reply 6
Whoo (: me too! Swizzel, was yours on the 19th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah my interview was the 19th! I have to get a B in int 2 physics but I'm not sure if I'm going to accept the offer! What are your conditions?
Reply 8
Aw mine was the 20th! I have to get an A in higher physics
Reply 9
Are you going to accept your offer? i can't decide about mine :/
Reply 10
Yeah I am, its my first choice!
Reply 11
Hey just wondering what the interview day consists of and what kind of questions they ask you. I have applied for this but not heard anything
Hi there, anyone applying for 2015? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Laura siobhan
Hi there, anyone applying for 2015? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i just got an interview ... have you ?
Yep same here, February 😊 when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
february 18th...hopefully if won't be too bad
Same here! I'm sure it will be fine. We should grab a pint after and have debrief. (That sounded like an innuendo, apologies). Are you local or travelling up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I had my interview on the wednesday just gone and it's not bad at all. The people there are lovely! And I found the interview very chilled and informal so don't panic yourself.

Your session will be scheduled for like 12-3.30 or 1:30-4 (or something similar to that). Firstly you get a tour of the P&O facilities like the plaster room, workshops and clinic rooms etc. then you get to meet some of the students which is a great chance to ask them any questions whether it be about the course or the social aspect of Strathclyde. You'll then have your interview. They pretty much went through my personal statement and got me to elaborate on certain things, why I wanted to go into this profession and where I see myself in 5/10 years.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Sarah, thanks for that, it's really good to hear from someone who has had an interview already. Did they make you an offer the same day or do you have to wait? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer the day after. Morag emailed me confirming my offer and said that it will be updated on my ucas, along with the conditions, in the next few days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending