The Student Room Group

Anyone taking CIE iGCSE in May/June 2013?

Scroll to see replies

I just did my math...it was much harder than any of the mock papers i had done..hopefully this just means low grade boundaries
Reply 261
Original post by lilixxx1000
I did maths 42 and I found it AWFUL! Kind of panicking! Anybody in the same situation as me ??? :O

Don't worry :tongue: I spent most of the time during the exam in panic thinking that I won't get even near an A*, and I changed lots of answers every time I went through and checked it.

Hopefully, the grade boundaries are lower for this year!
Original post by Knowing
Don't worry :tongue: I spent most of the time during the exam in panic thinking that I won't get even near an A*, and I changed lots of answers every time I went through and checked it.

Hopefully, the grade boundaries are lower for this year!

They'd better be ridiculously low!!
Who has (First Language) English on Wednesday?
And who does Literature?

My English/Lit teacher sent me some things he thinks would help with preparing for the exam. We can all work together with them and discuss stuff about them on here.

I don't have a paper tomorrow so, once I get home from my meetup with my voice coach (ABRSM voice exams on the 30th of June, pour moi), I'll come on here and we can work on it.
4pm, UK time? Can you guys make it?

Also, french listening and paper 4. How'd you guys find them. The story thing for #2, I wrote some bizarre stuff, but it made sense (in a funny-ish kind of way). My french teacher had told me before the paper started that I could right stuff that are downright unrealistic and get great marks for them. For #1a, I didn't write anything bizarre, that number was pretty good. The listening, better than my last 2 mocks! For anyone who hasn't done it yet or is doing it in Oct/Nov or next year, write or tick in pencil first, the second time the stuff is played over, confirm your answers, put them in in ink/pen and erase the pencil stuff. On the last page, write in key words or phrases you hear in pencil and quickly write them in in french (minding the question) when it's played over. Everyone who did that in my set, found the paper really good.
Reply 264
Lol.. Everyone found maths p4 hard... Im so relieved :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paper 4 maths was so difficult. Don't you guys think?
Reply 266
Original post by SammySingally
Who has (First Language) English on Wednesday?
And who does Literature?

My English/Lit teacher sent me some things he thinks would help with preparing for the exam. We can all work together with them and discuss stuff about them on here.

I don't have a paper tomorrow so, once I get home from my meetup with my voice coach (ABRSM voice exams on the 30th of June, pour moi), I'll come on here and we can work on it.
4pm, UK time? Can you guys make it?

Also, french listening and paper 4. How'd you guys find them. The story thing for #2, I wrote some bizarre stuff, but it made sense (in a funny-ish kind of way). My french teacher had told me before the paper started that I could right stuff that are downright unrealistic and get great marks for them. For #1a, I didn't write anything bizarre, that number was pretty good. The listening, better than my last 2 mocks! For anyone who hasn't done it yet or is doing it in Oct/Nov or next year, write or tick in pencil first, the second time the stuff is played over, confirm your answers, put them in in ink/pen and erase the pencil stuff. On the last page, write in key words or phrases you hear in pencil and quickly write them in in french (minding the question) when it's played over. Everyone who did that in my set, found the paper really good.

I have English on Wednesday!!Panic!!!
Any tips to give??
Reply 267
I'm doing English literature and language :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
me too... i am taking English as first language. Any one please give tips....
Biology and business studies today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 270
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Biology and business studies today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have done biology and business. Oh my god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 271
Original post by JackTeh96
Have done biology and business. Oh my god.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it?
Reply 272
How was Business Studies guys?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 273
who's doing english first lang. tomorrow? anyone for revision?
Reply 274
oh yeah and i was really panicking yesterday in maths...... it was like impossible...........many people didn't finish
Reply 275
Original post by sha7da
who's doing english first lang. tomorrow? anyone for revision?

Me!! first language English!!! holly crap!!
Reply 276
Original post by oadriusa
Lol.. Everyone found maths p4 hard... Im so relieved :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I found it fine :P
Wetting myself over this Biology paper 31 today! Anyone done it? Is it hard?
Reply 278
yeah so tommorows gonna be p2, i left english to the last minute. so i tried doing a past paper, it didnt really seem that hard..
Reply 279
Any good tips for English tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest