The Student Room Group

I'm being made to choose & being bullied by "friends"

Think this might be quite long..

I have a guy friend who two of my "friends" (well currently we're not talking) don't get along with. On Friday they decided to try and sort things out, he was only there to sort it out because he wasn't happy they were bullying me..whilst this guy friend and I hadn't been talking for 3 months, they basically tried to make me feel like crap because they have reason to believe that I used to s***-stir about them to him when we were friends, we're friends now of course. When they found out (a month into our friendship) that we were friends again, their attitudes changed - they were being nice to me again. Anyways, this Friday they tried to sort things out with my guy friend because things had gotten too far, he was only there to let them know that he doesn't want to know them and he's not happy with them bullying me. It got out of hand because one of the girl's started blaming me and so I was defending myself. For me to defend myself, I had to defend him. They're annoyed with the fact that they "think" I chose him over them but that's not what I was doing at all. He told one of the girls (which I found out later) that if she started flipping on me, he would flip on her. She waited until he went home at dinner-time and her and this other girl started to threaten me. They were threatening to beat me up etc to the point that a teacher saw what was happening, I ended up in tears and we all had to go to the office. Here they both lied. One of the girls said I'd been making lies up about them and telling this guy friend which isn't true because the things they used to say about him were true (I understand I shouldn't have told) and the other said that they were waiting for me to apologise and they were going to and that would be the end of it. The irony is that they "know" I've been telling him these things from 5 months ago, whilst we've been friends yet they seem to be taking their anger out about the whole situation now. It's clear to me that clearly that's not the reason that's really bothering them, that it must be because they think I chose to defend him over them but he's classified as a friend aswell. They said that I had to choose between him and them but friends don't do that. I said them just to see what would happen yet they continued to be threatening.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to choose between friends and if I'm perfectly honest, I should choose him over them since they've not been good friends to me and then they expect me to choose them?! They're both coming across as being hypocritical, one actually is two-faced and s***-stirs about people and then "lied" and said I've done so, and the other's boyfriend doesn't even like me and says mean things about me to her and yet she lets him and yet she's not talking to me because she thinks I've chose a guy over her?

We hang out with the same people so things are even more awkward. If we didn't, then I wouldn't bother being around them. I actually don't care that the two-faced "friend" is ignoring me - yesterday the oter girl never came so we both hung out with our 3 friends, she ignored me and I ignored her. I showed her I wasn't bothered by her immaturety by happily talking to my friends and this guy. I'm slightly bothered by the other girl not talking to me since we've been through a lot together and we've been friends for a while but I'm also just as angry with her. They're basically trying to make me feel guilty about my role in this whole situation which yes I know was quite childish but their role is much worse and on top of that THEY WERE BULLYING ME.

I'm in the position where I'm unsure what to do. If I didn't hang around with the same people as them then this honestly wouldn't bother me - I know the role I play in this (and they have for the past 5 months) but their roles are much worse. I probably haven't gotten completely upset about it since I know there are people defending me. Neither of these girls have even bothered to hear my side, they're instantly assuming things without even listening to me. If they did, I'm pretty sure things would calm down a lot.

What should I do? Should I let them calm down and try sorting it out? Or should I let them give me the silent treatment and give it back since friends don't make friends choose?
Reply 1
You do realise you can compress that to a short paragraph right? This is a forum full of stranges, nobody cares for your problems.

The solution to your problem is simple, voice how you feel about the situation to all parties and do not comply to anything you're uncomfortable. Simple, but you'll no doubt complicate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending