The Student Room Group

Medicine in Belgium/Prague

hey, currently applied for mediicine in the UK but have got 3 rejections. So looking for backup options, was wondering if anyone knows how to apply to prague or belgium and what universities there are that teach in english, the process etc? it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help out. thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by ibbyb94
hey, currently applied for mediicine in the UK but have got 3 rejections. So looking for backup options, was wondering if anyone knows how to apply to prague or belgium and what universities there are that teach in english, the process etc? it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help out. thanks in advance!

There are no universities in Belgium that teach medicine in English. If you know Dutch fluently, you can take a (pretty tough) entrance exam organised nationally in July and August. If you pass that, you are allowed to study medicine at any Dutch-speaking university in Belgium. If you speak French fluently, you can just register at one of the French-speaking universities - those don't have an application procedure, so anyone can start, but they strongly select their students in later years.
Original post by ibbyb94

I'm not sure about Belgium, but I do know of certain agencies that allow UK applicants to apply to universities in Eastern European universities for medicine taught in English. For example, http://www.studymedicineabroad.co.uk/en/info/introduction.html. I'm not sure if these companies are genuine or not but they do promise good things. You do a six-year MD programme, and you can reapply to UK universities in your first year if you want. After you graduate, you can come back to the UK without examination as the universities are in the EU, and start straight away as an Fy2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending