The Student Room Group

Am I only person that does this??

Seeking reassurance. For example if I'm anxious about an exam I keep asking people if they think I can cram in time, if I'm dating a guy I keep looking for signs he likes me, almost obsessively, trying to make him jealous, if something bad happens I have to keep talking it over and over till I am relived of the nerves, I get such bad anxiety and nerves compared to most people, right now I am at uni and I have missed quite a few days due to stress and I am worried I am going to be called in so I keep asking people if I can get away with it....is this just me? :frown:
No, no. I think everybody has their individual way of dealing with nerves, and constantly seeking reassurance is one of those ways, even if deep down you know it is impossible, or near-impossible. It can actually spur you on as well.
Reply 2
No, you are not the only one, I do it too. I know plenty of people that seek reassurance. You do have to try and restrain yourself sometimes so that it doesn't become obnoxious. But I think it's a perfectly natural and acceptable thing to seek reassurance, you only want to do right and corroborate your own feelings.
Reply 3
Original post by Bouffe
No, you are not the only one, I do it too. I know plenty of people that seek reassurance. You do have to try and restrain yourself sometimes so that it doesn't become obnoxious. But I think it's a perfectly natural and acceptable thing to seek reassurance, you only want to do right and corroborate your own feelings.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending