The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Some unis won't give feedback. It might be better to write, assuming you can find an address to do so.
Reply 2
charlie_w
I emailed Warwick and Oxford about 2 weeks ago looking for some feedback relating to why my application was unsuccessful. As yet, I have heard nothing.

Has anyone else emailed asking for feedback? Did anyone get any? Was it helpful?

You're better off asking in the Warwick board, as this is extremely uni-specific. Ask if any other Warwick applicants has had similar experiences.
Reply 3
When I e-mailed (RVC) I became impatient after a few days so I decided to write a letter. After 3 weeks I received an e-mail back with feedback, which I have to admit was quite useful and personal.
When I e-mailed Glasgow for short question I received within a week a standard e-mail, which was not related to my e-mail, about the applications/places ratio and if you succeed in getting high grades we recommend you to reapply etc...
So my advice is to write indeed a letter and try to be patient:wink:...
Good luck!
Reply 4
Just got an email back from Bath. It was very helpful. It told me that i got rejected because of the lack of Economics A-Level which I thought is a bit unfair.
well, if you are going to read Economics, I suppose the ALevel is a necessary thing...
Reply 6
charlie_w
Just got an email back from Bath. It was very helpful. It told me that i got rejected because of the lack of Economics A-Level which I thought is a bit unfair.

What did Oxford say? I don't think they reject people just because he/she didn't do Economics at 'A' level.
Reply 7
My school doesnt offer the A-Level so I cant do it. And yes they did just reject everyone who didnt have econonmics A-Level this year.

Got my feedback from Oxford yesterday. It was really helpful. They gave me my scores in the written work, entrance test and interviews. They also said there were 23 applicants for 3 places!!!
Reply 8
They gave me my scores in the written work, entrance test and interviews.
Helpful indeed. Which college was this by the way?
Reply 9
Christ Church
Reply 10
Varying standards across difference colleges at Oxford it seems. Some point-blankly issue standard feedback letters, others issue more personalised ones with general performance during interview and a very select few actually include precise scores! I can understand though - it'd be a pain to face litigation arising from the comparations of absolute scores.
Reply 11
I emailed cambridge about 3 weeks ago and they still havent got back 2 me

Latest

Trending

Trending