The Student Room Group

confused about my "friendship"

so im currently at university, living in halls. and in my flat there are 3 girls and 1 guy including me. we all get along fine, but im closer to the guy. i think he likes me and i think that he knows that i know lol, i think this because, he invited me to his church get together sort of party a couple of times, i went twice, the other day they had a valentine themed dinner. his room is literally right next to mine, anyway last week he texted me asking for some love song suggestions, as he sings and plays the guitar/keyboard,-he mainly listens to christian music, anyway i told him which songs i liked. when we went to the party we played a couple of cute games where we had to find the other piece of the broken heart and whoever the other person was they were your partner, anyway i picked one half up and couldnt find the other half/person, so then after everyone picks theirs up he picks up a half and i quickly pick up the other half [ as i didnt really know everyone] that matched with his [i assumed it was the correct half and it was] so after one of his bestfriends [on the mic] asks if there is anyone in the room who was in love, and he was like "i know someone in the corner whose in love" then said his name, everyone smiled/looked at him and he looked pretty embarrassed, then his friend said he was just joking. then the second activity was for us to answer a few questions about our partners, e.g. what is their favourite colour, food etc. i must say we did pretty well,anyway his friend asked everyone why we thought we did that task, and he was like its for us to see how much we know about each other, and for us to get to know each other better, anyway his friend spoke about the randomness of the heart picking etc which happened for a reason. but after i nervously said to him something like, "even though we cheated" because i picked up another half. he looked pretty sad when i said that, but i acted like nothing had happened, but i felt really bad inside. but the whole evening his friends would make remarks to him such as "i see you're wearing your best clothes" etc. anyway he ended up singing two christ-worship songs and no love songs, after the activity he seemed pretty distant from me, and i didnt really enjoy myself, everyone asked what was wrong, if i was enjoying myself and i was like "yeah i am, just really tired". at the end of the evening when everyone was dancing, me and his friend were just speaking then his friend asks me if im seeing anyone, or if im into dating and i was like, im not dating but if it happened then it happened, then we were just speaking about university etc and his friend was like "i can see you keep looking back at him, i'll stop asking you questions" i didnt say anything anyway after asked him if he was going back to his home and he was like, i think i might have to, then i asked him if he would walk me to the train station and he was like okay, then brings one of his friends with him to walk me back. me and him were talking like normal then soon as we get to the station, he was like i'll see you later, then i go to hug him, and he kind of felt weird and we awkwardly hugged then that was it. now that were back in halls, he's always in his room, - even before the party he was always there, and i want to hang out with him, watch films etc, but i feel like he's avoiding me. i dont know what to do, the last time i went to his church party, back in december i thought evrything was okay, but the week later i texted him saying if he wanted to watch a film with me, go starbucks then go for pinkberry, he kept making excuses, and i hate when people say no to me, so i don't want to ask now because i know, if he makes excuses again, im probably just going to ignore him, as i did back in december-january, i pretty much ignored him, and we didnt see each other in like 2 months. anyway im just really confused, i want to be his friend but i dont know what to do/say. should i text him and see if he wants to watch a dvd with me? i really dont know. sorry for writing so much, but i don't usually like to speak to people about my problems/feelings
1) Have you heard of paragraphs???

2) Not sure what the question is/ point of that is

Sounds like he likes you but he thinks you don't like him so he's backed off. He's already said no to DVDs... so maybe go ask him to go out somewhere in person

Quick Reply

Latest