The Student Room Group

Car insurance cancelled - can not afford new insurance as I've now been refused! Help

On the 8th of January my car insurance direct debit wasn't paid as I didn't have enough money in my account. I recieved a letter from admiral 3 days later saying they will try again in 7 days and to make sure I have the funds. I did, and on the 22nd the payment went out. I thought that that was that.

I noticed recently that no more payments had gone out of my account, and I looked back to January and I noticed on the 22nd that the payment that had successfuly gone to admiral, came back to my account the same day (even though I had sufficient funds). I have just checked the motor insurance database and my car is no longer insured! I assume that my insurance has been canceled and I have to pay some large amount.

Paying the years insurance in advanced isnt the biggest issue. The issue is that I honestly thought I had paid it in January, but it was only recently when I checked that it had come back to my account.

I read that they are meant to send notification within 7 days of cancelling. I have recieved no notification. I'm sure they will say they sent it, but I have not recieved anything.

I am extremely concerned with now not being able to take out insurance in the future for my car as it has been cancelled. I checked some new quotes, and ticked ''I have had my insurance cancelled'' and it was double what I was paying! I can not afford that. But that means I can't afford to get to work - I will lose my job. Im terrified.

I'll appreciate you're help.
Reply 1
you will have to phone admiral and ask them what happened to the payment - only they will be able to sort it out for you.
Phone admiral and speak to them to find out whats happened. You wont know whats happened unless you ask them.
Reply 3
Insurance might have been cancelled.

Do you

a) Ring Admiral and ask the company issuing your insurance

b) Ask a bunch of students who on the whole know nothing about insurance like the rest of the general populous and in particular know nothing about your circumstances.

You chose wrong OP!

:biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by gbduo
Insurance might have been cancelled.

Do you

a) Ring Admiral and ask the company issuing your insurance

b) Ask a bunch of students who on the whole know nothing about insurance like the rest of the general populous and in particular know nothing about your circumstances.

You chose wrong OP!

:biggrin:

I didn't chose wrong. I posted this at 4am, and guess what, at 4am admiral are closed! I did phone them later in the day and they said that I can take out more insurance with them, but just not pay for it via direct debit. In the end I went to a different insurer (after having to pay £100 to admiral), and managed to save £200+ a year by switching and admiral said that cancelling the insurance has no effect on my credit history or anything, and they keep the information private! So it all worked out in the end :smile: I was just terrified of never being able to get cheap insurance again due to a payment mishap!
Reply 5
So to summarise, you got off tsr, rang your insurance company, sorted the problem by going with another insurer.

I'm teasing but hope you see my point!
Reply 6
Original post by gbduo
So to summarise, you got off tsr, rang your insurance company, sorted the problem by going with another insurer.

I'm teasing but hope you see my point!

I was worried sick - felt like Id have to quit my job, and for the rest of my life find it difficult to get insurance so wanted some support from here, didn't expect it to magically be solved though - but yes I did phone them later on. Seems a bit trivial now I know! I know you're teasing :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by silenceoflove
I was worried sick - felt like Id have to quit my job, and for the rest of my life find it difficult to get insurance so wanted some support from here, didn't expect it to magically be solved though - but yes I did phone them later on. Seems a bit trivial now I know! I know you're teasing :smile:

Oops, my bad, sorry for being a douche!
Reply 8
Original post by gbduo
Insurance might have been cancelled. Do you a) Ring Admiral and ask the company issuing your insurance b) Ask a bunch of students who on the whole know nothing about insurance like the rest of the general populous and in particular know nothing about your circumstances. You chose wrong OP! :biggrin:
That's a bit silly saying he should deal with the company that's potentially screwed him over and not look for other advice. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending