The Student Room Group

Kingston University Art Foundation Applicants 2013

Hi there,

are there any applicants for the art and foundation course at Kingston University? I have an interview on 1st of March and I am curious if anybody out there has an interview as well?

:smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I just wondered how your interview for Kingston foundation on 1st March went? Did you have to show your whole portfolio and sketchbooks, or just pick a few of your best pieces?
Did they ask any awkward questions
(Are you a UK or overseas student?)
thanks for any help/ advice, and best of luck.
Reply 2
Hi there! Iam a non uk applicant :smile:

You dont have to worry about the interview. They are really nice and polite and are trying to make this situation as confortable as they can. No awakward questions!

They asked me just general question about my portfolio. They are looking on your portfolio and you can tell them something about. It was like: This is my motion graphic project called "who am I". It was inspired by. I was trying to translate something traditional into modern. I used Adobe photoshop and Illustrator. And so on. They looked at all pieces and sketchbook. Other applicants had to explain every Single piece in their portfolio, but they asked me a Lot of gerneral questions as well.

They asked me also if I have attended an open day. Why Kingston? What is you favourite artist? Would you feel more free if you are doing the foundation course? Have you applied elsewhere? Do you feel restricted by your school? Why Kingston and not Central Saint Martins? And what can you bring to the course? Why do you wanna study in London and not in Austria, why so far away from home?They asked me if I am interested in fashion as well.

I had an A1 Portfolio with all my original work in it. I took everything exactly what I have uploaded on flickr with 2-3 new pieces. I had also 2 animation films and i took my laptop with me and showed them one animation. I mounted all pieces on a1 white paper.

There will be 2 female tutors and 1 current foundation student. The student will also ask you questions. She asked for example something about my art journal.

You really don't have to be worried. Just be yourself and be honestly. And I think they like if you are talking with enthusiasm to show them that you really want this. And I guess it is really importatnt that you also ask questions at the end of the interview. They say at the end: Has anybody questions? And 2 other applicants and I asked them some questions and I think they really liked this because it shows your interest and i got in unconditional. And be there on time. If you come about 1 hour earlier you can get sure that you will be in the first group. If you are exactly on time then you are maybe in group 2 and have to wait about 1-2 hours.

If you have some more questions, just ask I wish you good luck!! When is your interview?

Kathrin :smile:
Reply 3
thanks a lot for that info, Kathrin. It was really helpful and reassuring.
Best of luck in getting offered a place.
Reply 4
Original post by Mousiefrou
thanks a lot for that info, Kathrin. It was really helpful and reassuring.
Best of luck in getting offered a place.

You are welcome :smile: they have already offered me a Place and i accepted :smile: when is your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest