The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Choosing halls at the University of Manchester.

Now I'm accepted, it's time to look at halls. I'm pretty familiar with Fallowfield and Rusholme already, but I don't really know anything about the halls themselves. I ideally want to be in Fallowfield (because I like fun), and ideally want to have en-suite (because I value privacy), but both are negotiable. I've been looking at Sheavyn and Richmond Park, but the reviews etc online seem to be pretty scarce, so I'd like some first-hand information on these, and any others tbf.

TLDR: Which halls should I stay in at the University of Manchester
Have a read of this thread, particularly the first few posts :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Well, good effort! That's that then :smile:
Reply 3
Hi all,

University of Manchester owned Halls of Residence all have the benefit of having active Residents Associations who organise activities and events for their students.

Private Halls of Residence (i.e. non-University owned) can sometimes be of a higher quality, but this is also reflected in the price.

If you are considering non-university owned accommodation then I would recommend looking at Manchester Student Homes website, they are the University of Manchester and MMUs approved private Halls of Residence and Houses. :smile:
Original post by Rosanieplius
They will not provide you with a reference, even if you met all the payments on time. Be careful

Student landlords don't ask for references, just guarantors in my experience, so it won't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending