The Student Room Group

Child Murderer Murdered in Prison

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/two-prisoners-held-after-child-torturer-killed-in-cell-8496795.html

Personally I think this is just desserts - serves the bastard right - but wondering what other people think? What I'd be interested to know too is what they're going to do to his murderers - they are already on life sentences so basically they're getting away with murder, literally!!

Scroll to see replies

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth etc. The guys who did it could have privileges taken away for a bit of extra punishment, but that'd probably be a breach of their 'human rights' or something..
Original post by peedie pixie
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth etc. The guys who did it could have privileges taken away for a bit of extra punishment, but that'd probably be a breach of their 'human rights' or something..

Oh how this "Human Right" *******s hacks me off.... They should go to prison for punishment, they shouldnt be getting any priveleges!! Honestly!! :rolleyes:
Two wrongs don't make a right. There's no moral justice here...
Reply 4
If the murderers are dangerous to other inmates then they ought to be separated from them. The safety of prisoners is paramount to maintain moral justification for locking them up - even for child murderers.
Reply 5
Original post by Blair Waldorf
Two wrongs don't make a right. There's no moral justice here...

That doesn't apply when prisoners carry out these acts...
Reply 6
Completely unnecessary. I don't agree with what he did but killing someone is so unnecessary.
Reply 7
Good. Our prisons should be horrible places to live, where people are constantly getting beaten up, raped, and sometimes even murdered. Should act as a suitable deterrent and/or punishment for those who are looking to commit a crime, especially one as heinous as murdering a child.
Reply 8
Original post by rhw
Completely unnecessary. I don't agree with what he did but killing someone is so unnecessary.

So is torturing and murdering a toddler. I was absolutely horrified to hear what he did to that little girl. He was absolutely pure evil. He didn't just murder her, he tortured her for months before murdering her.
Original post by tehforum
That doesn't apply when prisoners carry out these acts...

The prisoners had the opportunity to carry out the murder because the system failed the child murderer.
So basically a rapist or someone who'd committed another crime thought they had the moral high ground here? What an utter ****.
Reply 11
Good riddance.
Reply 12
Good.
Original post by Snagprophet
So basically a rapist or someone who'd committed another crime thought they had the moral high ground here? What an utter ****.

Seems that way. Eitherway somebody wasn't doing they're job
I think it's no great loss to the world, even if I do not agree with the death penalty, or what happened, these things happen occasionally though.
(edited 11 years ago)
There needs to be a full investigation and if necessary the arrest of prison officers for misconduct in a public office if this was part of some kind of conspiracy.

We can't have prisoners being killed in prison. Prison is punishment by removal of liberty it is not somewhere you go to be tortured and killed. I am in favour of the death penalty, but I am not in favour of this sort of arbitrary killing.
Reply 16
I wonder if people would be pitying the child murderer if it was their own toddler (or a relative) who got raped and murdered?
The idea that muggers, bank robbers and drug dealers, along with many other types of violent offenders in prison have any kind of moral compass whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Many of these characters would give you a kicking or worse if you didn't give them your iPhone when accosted on a dark street, so to applaud their supposed higher morality in this case is a little strange.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've often wondered what the punishment would be for someone, if a guy like that had murdered your child, and then you killed him in revenge. Similar to the film A Time To Kill i guess.
Reply 19
Original post by marcusfox
The idea that muggers, bank robbers and drug dealers, along with many other types of violent offenders in prison have any kind of moral compass whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Many of these characters would give you a kicking or worse if you didn't give them your iPhone when accosted on a dark street, so to applaud their supposed higher morality in this case is a little strange.

Hmmmm. I've known a few small time crims in my time. While some were undoubtedly amoral scumbags, there were some who prided themselves in only robbing commercial premises, not residential ones. That's a moral compass of a sort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending