The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Winchester School of Art 2013 Applicants

Hi there. I thought it might be helpful to have a separate thread for those hoping to be at the Winchester campus. :biggrin:

Well, I've applied to do Fine Art. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and it went really well, so well in fact that I've been offered a place (to my pleasant surprise)! This is definitely going to be my firm choice as it's where I really want to go, but it means working extra hard as they want me to get DDM. Should be able to do that! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for graphic arts and my interview is on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ngoni
I applied for graphic arts and my interview is on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool. Good luck! :elefant:
Reply 3
Original post by LooneyKoala
Cool. Good luck! :elefant:

I got an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ngoni
I got an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :thumbsup:
Reply 5
Had my interview today and do really like the look of the uni, kind of want to find out what living there might be like? town looks cute but not particularly lively? are halls loads of fun? are there many bars etc/ do we know if many people go to southampton to go out of a night?! xx
Reply 6
Hi

Winchester School of Art is is defiantly my firm choice. I am going to study Fashion Marketing. I want to meet some potential students because I am personally freaking out about this change, leaving my country and all of that. Hope to meet some nice people :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by iulia.pop
Hi

Winchester School of Art is is defiantly my firm choice. I am going to study Fashion Marketing. I want to meet some potential students because I am personally freaking out about this change, leaving my country and all of that. Hope to meet some nice people :biggrin:

Me too, it's my firm choice as well to study fashion marketing! Where are you from?
Reply 8
Original post by nmaisie
Me too, it's my firm choice as well to study fashion marketing! Where are you from?

Romania .you?:biggrin:
Reply 9
Romania .you?:biggrin:

UK - only live a couple of hours from Winchester, unlike to you!
Reply 10
Original post by nmaisie
UK - only live a couple of hours from Winchester, unlike to you!

Are you going to stay in the Erasmus hall?:biggrin:
Reply 11
Are you going to stay in the Erasmus hall?:biggrin:

I am! :bl:
Reply 12
I am! :bl:

cool..where are you from?
Reply 13
cool..where are you from?

Northampton, just about 2 hours from Winchester. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Northampton, just about 2 hours from Winchester. :biggrin:

Northampton is my insurance choice:biggrin: Same course fashion marketing. How is the city?
Reply 15
hey i'm thinking about doing fashion marketing too. I'm from northern ireland, Do you's know if it's true that the course is mostly business studies, compared to northumbria for example which is really creative?
Reply 16
Original post by Lauradon18
hey i'm thinking about doing fashion marketing too. I'm from northern ireland, Do you's know if it's true that the course is mostly business studies, compared to northumbria for example which is really creative?

I recommend you to look at the modules section of the course. here is the link http://www.southampton.ac.uk/wsa/undergraduate/courses/wn25_ba_fashion_marketing.page?#modules
I think the course combines well business studies & art.For example in the first semester is a course called Digital fashion practices which is all about creativity says there. I think over all the course is great.
Reply 17
Northampton is my insurance choice:biggrin: Same course fashion marketing. How is the city?

Ah cool! Only reason it's not my insurance is I want the experience of moving away haha! :biggrin:

I really quite like it here. Has everything you could need really, and there's some nice architecture. If I hadn't been living here for 18 and a half years already then I'd definitely be up for going to uni here! (I was up for it anyway, just decided to go with other choices instead)
Reply 18
Ah cool! Only reason it's not my insurance is I want the experience of moving away haha! :biggrin:

I really quite like it here. Has everything you could need really, and there's some nice architecture. If I hadn't been living here for 18 and a half years already then I'd definitely be up for going to uni here! (I was up for it anyway, just decided to go with other choices instead)

Me too, it is a big change for me..and it is pretty scary being alone in a new country. But I am eager to come to England.
I have applied for the Fashion & Textile degree. Had my interview back in February and got an offer conditional on passing my foundation diploma. So it is definitely my firm choice. The city is much like my home town so hopefully it should become a home away from home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending