The Student Room Group

Student finance just sent me dates for 2nd year payments even though I'm not at Uni

Last year I applied for student finance for Nottingham Uni but I didn't make the offer so currently I'm on a gap year.

Today I just recieved a letter from student finance which states that its time to renew student finance for 2013/2014 for my second year for my course at Nottingham, which I'm not at. They've even timetabled their payments for next term. I haven't had any other letters though which is Bizarre.

I checked my student finance account and it said the application for 2nd year was sent on 08/02 even though I clearly remember not doing anything on the 8th. In fact, I haven't even checked my student finance since late July.

Does this mean that they've actually paid out money for the first year even though I haven't actually gone to that University? What do I do now?

Surely I am assuming that since I didn't make the offer student finance would realize I didn't and not pay me the money?!
Reply 1
Hello,

Log into your account and check the payment schedule page for 12/13. You will see what was due to be paid and whether it was paid or not.

Just call SFE and they'll be able to put through a change of circumstance to cancel the applications.

The reason you got a letter with your entitlement is because you applied last year to be non income-assessed therefore the application automatically rolls over for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending