The Student Room Group

PlayStation 4 Controller - Prototype

You have probably seen it by now but the PlayStation 4 controller has been leaked. The headlines are touch pad thing, speaker and glowy thing.

Controller_spelling-copy.jpg

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/a-closer-look-at-the-playstation-4-controller-prototype
Original post by Captain Jack
You have probably seen it by now but the PlayStation 4 controller has been leaked. The headlines are touch pad thing, speaker and glowy thing.

Controller_spelling-copy.jpg

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/a-closer-look-at-the-playstation-4-controller-prototype

It looks pretty bad... A speaker? Why would anyone want a tiny speaker in a controller?
Reply 2
It's not as bad as the originally planned PS3 controller.

Spoiler

Reply 3
I like the fact the design is not radically different, in fact it'll probably be more comfortable being abit more bulky, however they may want to work on the aesthetics abit. Also, I'm not sure about all that stuff thats on it, I wonder what Sony are planning to do with all that, alot of gimmicky crap no doubt..
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Smurf
It's not as bad as the originally planned PS3 controller.

Spoiler

Good lord, I'd completely forgotten about that crazy.
The only thing I care about is if R2 and L2 are proper triggers like on the xbox controller.
Reply 6
Looks even more uncomfortable than the PS3 one.
wait, hasnt the design essentially stayed the same since ps1, apart from color changes and other additions

it will be exactly the same, with new features
I love it, it's awesome. I also love the Move addition on the top. It's small enough to still be a controller but not too big like the WiiU. But who cares about the controller, it's all about the console itself alongside the games. Let's hope if they release the PS4 on February 20th it'll be a good console to match. :smile:
Reply 9
Another image
ps4protypefull.jpg

Note that it is likely only a prototype design at this stage (assuming it is legit, there is no confirmation from Sony), so may be subject to change.

Differences to the PS3 controller - addition of what appears to be a headphone jack and speaker, a touch pad similar to that found on the back of the PS Vita, glowing light on top, possibly for use with the PS Eye/Move, and the L2/R2 buttons are rumoured to be more springy like the Xbox triggers. Obviously this is all speculation and rumours. Hopefully we'll know for sure on the 20th.
Original post by yellowcopter
I love it, it's awesome. I also love the Move addition on the top. It's small enough to still be a controller but not too big like the WiiU. But who cares about the controller, it's all about the console itself alongside the games. Let's hope if they release the PS4 on February 20th it'll be a good console to match. :smile:

I can't wait to see how that move element factors in, and what other surprises they have in store now :smile:

Original post by hobo06
Another image
ps4protypefull.jpg

Note that it is likely only a prototype design at this stage (assuming it is legit, there is no confirmation from Sony), so may be subject to change.

Differences to the PS3 controller - addition of what appears to be a headphone jack and speaker, a touch pad similar to that found on the back of the PS Vita, glowing light on top, possibly for use with the PS Eye/Move, and the L2/R2 buttons are rumoured to be more springy like the Xbox triggers. Obviously this is all speculation and rumours. Hopefully we'll know for sure on the 20th.

I suspect the controller won't be a radical departure anyway because PlayStation has stuck to what works along the way with minor revisions. But we'll find out in just a few hours anyway! :smile:
reading this thread makes me forget my timeline...

Quick Reply

Latest