The Student Room Group

King Edward Camp Hill Girls Interview!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweet_gyal97
Yeah same mine had to be moderated too!
really? What's the best college?
oh same I want to be a GP so I want to study Medicine too!!
yeah i saw the specimen paper it was really hard u know ...so much probability in it!!
yeah I think the June exam was pretty easy from looking at the past papers but our teacher didn't enter us for that. The grade boundary was actually kinda high (164) in the November one it was 157 and I got 148 ...oh well hopefully ill get an a* this time!!
in our class(in fact the whole year) only 2 people got an A* can u believe that?!? Lots of people got As and Bs though but still!!

I'm not to sure but I think its somewhere in London...still I personally prefer school environment
Hey thats great! what uni are you planning on going to? I want to go to imperial college but its really hard to get into..
Yeah we did the specimen paper as a mock & I got a B in it I think, it was really really hard!
Oh ok, my teachers said it was low, I remember asking my maths teacher what he thought the grade boundaries would be like and he said about 170 ish...
Yeh generally people found the june exam quite easy in my school because all the things our teacher went through before the exam came up...we were soo lucky lol!! I got 176 in it but this boy in my class got 192...
An A in the november paper is really good, only one person in set 1 (excluding the people who got an A* in june) got an A* in that, I heard it was a very hard paper but good luck for an A* this time! :smile:
How come your teacher didnt put you in for the june exam?
Original post by Zazuwaved
Had an interview there about two years ago way I remembered it was first you have an interview with either of the three senior staff; head of year, sixth form or school. Just like you I was interested in going into medicine, why I chose my particular subjects they asked if I did any further reading and they asked me how I thought I was going to fit into the school what I could contribute why medicine and why I thought camp hill was the place for me. There was a small written exercise when I went general questions about fitting in and what makes A-level study different from GCSEs and hw you would cope and stuff. Plus obviously the tour.
My interview went well although for a weird reason screwed it up...
I got offers from handsworth and fiveways but I chose fiveways due to the distance from home.
Good luck for the interview, dont be intimidated by any other students on the day and be yourself
P.s ur interview is on my Bday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I've got an interview for King Eds Handsworth on Tuesday...what was the interview like and what sort of questions did they ask?
Original post by strawberries123
Hey! I've got an interview for King Eds Handsworth on Tuesday...what was the interview like and what sort of questions did they ask?

I am so sorry I can't really help on that, weirdly the year I applied so many people had applied that they didn't do interviews and just gave people offers directly, so I did not get a chance to go through the interview experience.
I am so sorry I can't really help on that, weirdly the year I applied so many people had applied that they didn't do interviews and just gave people offers directly, so I did not get a chance to go through the interview experience.

It's okay, thanks anyway :smile:
Hi, thanks for the info!!
so are u in university now? did u do medicine?
what GCSE grades did u get? sorry for all the questions!
yeah im just scared i get really nervous before interviews!!
so you didnt get a place at camp hill? where did u want to go the most out of camp hill and fiveways? ive applied to five ways too and had my interview and now i am just waiting for the result!!
do u know when they let people kow whether they got in or not? is it around march time?
thank you, yeah ill try to be calm!
and oh haha..
**Happy Birthday<3** in advance!!
its also the day of UCL Real Madrid vs Manchester United!! cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
:biggrin::biggrin:

haha thanks, don't follow much with football :biggrin:
not as of yet, i'm in year 13 right now and I applied for medicine this year, so far i haven't had any offers as of yet, waiting to hear from one more school and put on hold for the other. i got average GCSEs i guess (4A*s, 4As and 2Bs)

for camphill I put myself in an awkward situation because i didn't say that i had applied to (fiveways ironically) and in my portfolio there was the interview invitation letter from fiveways...so yeah :P rest of the interview was actually quite well, but i think she got angry because i (lied) to her about not applying to any other k-ed schools in birmingham. tbh i really wanted to get into camphill and i was quite devastated when i didn't but i guess everything happens for a reason and it never crosses my mind what could've been :biggrin:

i remember getting my response around april time (after easter). i wish you all the best and i hope it all goes well.
Reply 25
haha thanks, don't follow much with football :biggrin:
not as of yet, i'm in year 13 right now and I applied for medicine this year, so far i haven't had any offers as of yet, waiting to hear from one more school and put on hold for the other. i got average GCSEs i guess (4A*s, 4As and 2Bs)

for camphill I put myself in an awkward situation because i didn't say that i had applied to (fiveways ironically) and in my portfolio there was the interview invitation letter from fiveways...so yeah :P rest of the interview was actually quite well, but i think she got angry because i (lied) to her about not applying to any other k-ed schools in birmingham. tbh i really wanted to get into camphill and i was quite devastated when i didn't but i guess everything happens for a reason and it never crosses my mind what could've been :biggrin:

i remember getting my response around april time (after easter). i wish you all the best and i hope it all goes well.

oh haha thats too bad....... your missing out!
oh hopefully you'll get a place!! what are your A-level results like?
i dont think camp hill asked what other schools i am applying for but fiveways did..
lol what did they say??
yeah everything happens for the best...so you go fiveways? what is it like? as in are the teachers good for science and maths? are there loads of leadership/extra-curricular opportunities??

oh okay so i guess ive still got some waiting to do!!
aww thanks!!! you too i hope u get into medicine!! :smile:
oh haha thats too bad....... your missing out!
oh hopefully you'll get a place!! what are your A-level results like?
i dont think camp hill asked what other schools i am applying for but fiveways did..
lol what did they say??
yeah everything happens for the best...so you go fiveways? what is it like? as in are the teachers good for science and maths? are there loads of leadership/extra-curricular opportunities??

oh okay so i guess ive still got some waiting to do!!
aww thanks!!! you too i hope u get into medicine!! :smile:

Hi
So what do Camp Hill ask at the interview?
Reply 27
Original post by 123_qwerty
Hi
So what do Camp Hill ask at the interview?

I don't know my interview is on Tuesday..ohh by that I meant that on the application camp hill didn't ask what other sixth forms I have applied to...
Reply 28
I don't know my interview is on Tuesday..ohh by that I meant that on the application camp hill didn't ask what other sixth forms I have applied to...

Hi, good luck for your interview. I have got mine next week so just thought I would come in here to ask if anyone had their interview yet and how it went? Some people have told me they ask questions about news topics etc and I wondered does anyone know if this is true?
Reply 29
Original post by xAlisonx
Hi, good luck for your interview. I have got mine next week so just thought I would come in here to ask if anyone had their interview yet and how it went? Some people have told me they ask questions about news topics etc and I wondered does anyone know if this is true?

Hi good luck!! I'm really scared!! Really? What do u mean new topics? I just hope that there is no test or anything!
Reply 30
Hi good luck!! I'm really scared!! Really? What do u mean new topics? I just hope that there is no test or anything!

Someone told me they ask about a current affairs topic, like something that is current in the news and what your opinion is on it. Not sure if it's true but I've been watching the news just in case to be aware of what's going on around me :smile: The thing I'm most worried about is if they ask me any Biology and Chemistry questions lol worried they'll ask me the one thing I know nothing about hahaha

How did your interview go? Did they ask you any questions about current affairs and what sort of subject questions were they asking? Hope you got on okay, have they told you yet if you've got in or do u have to wait?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31

Hiya, did they ask you what other places you'd applied to during the interview? How did you get on, have you got to wait a long time to hear if you've got a place?
Reply 32
Someone told me they ask about a current affairs topic, like something that is current in the news and what your opinion is on it. Not sure if it's true but I've been watching the news just in case to be aware of what's going on around me :smile: The thing I'm most worried about is if they ask me any Biology and Chemistry questions lol worried they'll ask me the one thing I know nothing about hahaha

How did your interview go? Did they ask you any questions about current affairs and what sort of subject questions were they asking? Hope you got on okay, have they told you yet if you've got in or do u have to wait?

Hi I think it went quite well tbh, the interviewer was really nice!!
ummm no she didn't ask about current affairs, she asked questions like why do u wanna come here, then confirmed my choices then asked me about one of my options and asked why I like it and why I want to do it. Then she looked at my folder which has my certificates and reports etc..ummm I'm sure there was something else but can't remember right now...anyways when is your interview? Good luck!!
Reply 33
Hiya, did they ask you what other places you'd applied to during the interview? How did you get on, have you got to wait a long time to hear if you've got a place?

Yeah she did, she asked whether I was their first choice and what other places I've applied to....I said yes cuz I really do like the school, when I told her I've applied to five ways she said have u had the interview and I said yes and I'm just waiting to see if I got in....I wonder why she asked that......

she said that there are interviews next week as well so she said that they will inform me in 3 weeks or so....
Reply 34
Yeah she did, she asked whether I was their first choice and what other places I've applied to....I said yes cuz I really do like the school, when I told her I've applied to five ways she said have u had the interview and I said yes and I'm just waiting to see if I got in....I wonder why she asked that......

she said that there are interviews next week as well so she said that they will inform me in 3 weeks or so....

Hi, it sounds like you did well and also sounds like you had a nice interviewer too, hope I get a friendly one. I have got mine next week. The biggest thing that is worrying me is that he/she asks me a subject specific question , like a really obscure Chemistry question or something like that and I panic and my mind goes blank. I am very worried about it as this is my first choice and I really want to go here. Can I ask what your predicted grades are like, mine are mainly A's with one B and a couple of A*'s.
Reply 35
Hi, it sounds like you did well and also sounds like you had a nice interviewer too, hope I get a friendly one. I have got mine next week. The biggest thing that is worrying me is that he/she asks me a subject specific question , like a really obscure Chemistry question or something like that and I panic and my mind goes blank. I am very worried about it as this is my first choice and I really want to go here. Can I ask what your predicted grades are like, mine are mainly A's with one B and a couple of A*'s.

Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine...there were lots of people there and we did lots of waiting and there wasn't a tour you know!
when u talk about a subject just add in something you do know that way the interviewer might think u already know about it...? Or just keep calm and think it through its okay there's no rush!
umm mine are all A*'s and A's but I'm aiming for as much A* as possible!!
Reply 36
Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine...there were lots of people there and we did lots of waiting and there wasn't a tour you know!
when u talk about a subject just add in something you do know that way the interviewer might think u already know about it...? Or just keep calm and think it through its okay there's no rush!
umm mine are all A*'s and A's but I'm aiming for as much A* as possible!!

Hi, thanks, I'll think calm thoughts lol. I think I will end up with the one B and it's a fair prediction as I struggle with that particular subject and have no intention of taking it further :biggrin: but I'm hoping to get more A*'s at the end than A's in my other subjects. My school doesn't give anyone A*'s as predicted grades in a lot of the subjects but I guess it makes them look better when we then 'exceed' our predictions :wink: Just difficult when they haven't been very generous with their predictions and some of us are trying to get into the best colleges!
Reply 37
It's very awkward for applications when they have lower predictions that what you're actually working at, although I can appreciate that it's good for the school on results day. It's just that it can be unfair when the difference between an A and an A* can really make a difference to an application that is being assessed primarily on predictions. No one taking history has got an A* prediction at my school. I'm top and I've been told verbally I should have an A* but the teacher "makes it a habit of not predicting anyone A*'s due to not knowing if the exam papers will go our way". I personally think it's very unfair and we should be judged on any exams/mocks/coursework already done. I think as most of the people at my school go on to the local colleges and 6th forms and don't apply for somewhere more competitive the teachers don't always realise it can have a possibly negative impact.
Reply 38
It's very awkward for applications when they have lower predictions that what you're actually working at, although I can appreciate that it's good for the school on results day. It's just that it can be unfair when the difference between an A and an A* can really make a difference to an application that is being assessed primarily on predictions. No one taking history has got an A* prediction at my school. I'm top and I've been told verbally I should have an A* but the teacher "makes it a habit of not predicting anyone A*'s due to not knowing if the exam papers will go our way". I personally think it's very unfair and we should be judged on any exams/mocks/coursework already done. I think as most of the people at my school go on to the local colleges and 6th forms and don't apply for somewhere more competitive the teachers don't always realise it can have a possibly negative impact.

Yeah that is true but the sixth form doesn't really have much else to evaluate u on. I know it looks better if u are predicted an A and get an A* than the other way around but I agree that it's not fair as the sixth form won't know that. But still lots of sixth forms ( like camp hill) ask for ur mock results and grades you've already got. So if u have got higher mock results than predicted grades then it shows that u are overachieving especially if it is in a lot of ur subjects....:smile:
Oh hello!... this is like a really late reply but did you guys go to the induction thingy? If so, was it just me or did like everyone already know each other? O_____O

Quick Reply

Latest