The Student Room Group

Can't create an account for Student Finance?

I'm hoping to start uni in 2013 so I'm starting to set up my student finance, however I can't create an account on the student finance website.
I tried last week and it came up with the same error to try again later, so I've tried again three times today and it still comes up with the same error
"Exception
Error - please try again later. Sorry, we have encountered a problem with your online application. This might be a temporary problem with our computer system. Please log out and come back later. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience."

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? And does anyone know what I can do to solve this? :s
Reply 1
Yeah I'm also experiencing a problem logging in atm, though I'm not recieving that message. I already have an account but when I enter my customer registration number, password and secret answer some file called "index" automatically downloads and the loading icon is on my screen forever. I've tried logging in from my computer, laptop AND mobile phone and have the same problem on all three. So I've just come to the conclusion that student finance is having some sort of glitch :/
Reply 2
Well that sucks. If its a glitch, then it's been going on far too long. I'm thinking it might be that too many people are logging in/creating accounts at the same time so their servers are overloaded. Hmm.
Reply 3
I am having a slight problem with creating an account. When I try to register, it tells me they already have my details from UCAS, however, that is of little consolation to me as I would like to start the ball rolling ASAP. Will UCAS write to me with details of how to access my account on the student finance website and if so, how long will this take? If not, how should I proceed?
Having the exact same problem.
Reply 5
Once you create an account then you get a letter from student finance of your details.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eggfriedrice

Do you happen to be an EU applicant? I was getting the same message & phoned them, turns out EU applicants need to complete the form on paper (which you can find here), which is why we're getting error messages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending