The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology G543:Options in Applied Psychology Exam Monday 10th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ummi1
Hi! Would you be able to work out what I need to get in both papers to get an A overall. I got 115 for core studies and 42 for research methods.
Thank you very much!!!

81.5 in each paper which is a low A.

I must say, I'm surprised at how many people are taking both exams together! We took our G544 exam in January so we are only focusing on G543. That must be why we seem like we are so behind, other colleges have had the whole year to the learn whole studies, we've only had since January!
Reply 41
Original post by Joshalos
81.5 in each paper which is a low A.

I must say, I'm surprised at how many people are taking both exams together! We took our G544 exam in January so we are only focusing on G543. That must be why we seem like we are so behind, other colleges have had the whole year to the learn whole studies, we've only had since January!

We did the G544 in Jan and finished all the G543 content last week because we did 2 lessons a week on G543 up until Dec or so

Going over everything is crazzzzzy, never gonna learn it all.
Reply 42
Original post by Char-
We did the G544 in Jan and finished all the G543 content last week because we did 2 lessons a week on G543 up until Dec or so

Going over everything is crazzzzzy, never gonna learn it all

I was thinking the same. I was going over all the Forensics stuff, picking out studies and writing down everything I could remember. Yep, my mind was blank.

However, I read something very encouraging in an examiners report along the lines of 'because of the large amount of content students are expected to learn at this level, the amount needed to answer a questions doesn't need to be as large as students think' or something like that! :tongue:
Reply 43
I was thinking the same. I was going over all the Forensics stuff, picking out studies and writing down everything I could remember. Yep, my mind was blank.

However, I read something very encouraging in an examiners report along the lines of 'because of the large amount of content students are expected to learn at this level, the amount needed to answer a questions doesn't need to be as large as students think' or something like that! :tongue:

Oh god I really do hope so, I only need 87 UMS for an A, but just trying to answer some of the 15 markers earlier.. i'll be lucky to get 5 haha
Original post by Char-
Oh god I really do hope so, I only need 87 UMS for an A, but just trying to answer some of the 15 markers earlier.. i'll be lucky to get 5 haha

the 15 markers are tricky :/ i know the structure and stuff but its just tough. btw does anyone know the maximum amount of marks i can get for only doing 2 points (point, example, evidence, counter) for the 15 markers. really cant do 3 in most the questions :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
The Jan paper was so hard. Btw, I'm really scared about section A on Approaches & Research methods - the "Design an appropriate procedure" question, does anyone have any tips on observation and correlation?

or that section in general?
Reply 46
I swear this exam seems so hard! Once I learn one study I then forget the rest, Do'hh :bricks:

How's everyone else managing to keep on top of module?
Reply 47
Does anyone have any evaluation points for each of the studies of health and forensics? Would be so great full for any type of file with notes on studies or evaluative points :smile: Thanksss.
Original post by Cryl
The Jan paper was so hard. Btw, I'm really scared about section A on Approaches & Research methods - the "Design an appropriate procedure" question, does anyone have any tips on observation and correlation?

or that section in general?

You did the January on options? If so, can you tell me what was on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Caroline1995
You did the January on options? If so, can you tell me what was on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, unfortunately not. I did the January approaches & methods exam. :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
we've finished health and clinical psychology and just started forensic

im so worried for this exam!

and i got a D in the jan exam and i need a A for uni helppppppppp
Reply 51
Original post by farihaaah

We finished Forensics and have just started Health and Clinical.

Glad to see there are others who did G544 in January and so appear to be behind compared to everyone else as well! :tongue:
Reply 52
We finished Forensics and have just started Health and Clinical.

Glad to see there are others who did G544 in January and so appear to be behind compared to everyone else as well! :tongue:

HOPEFULLY EVERYONE DOES WHACK AND SO THE GRADE BOUNDARIES WILL DROP

AND ALL YOU NEED FOR A 'A' IS TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
I

Are you resitting the Jan exam too? Tbh, I'm more worried about the Approaches & Research methods exam than Options. >.<
my revision is going very baaaadly. finished my notes but i havent done half as much work as id planned to. what about you guys?
Reply 55
Original post by Cryl
I

Are you resitting the Jan exam too? Tbh, I'm more worried about the Approaches & Research methods exam than Options. >.<

Have to :/ even if I get 100% in the options one I still don't have enlightening UMS to get a A I'm like14 off :frown:. Why is psychology so hard I used to love it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Have to :/ even if I get 100% in the options one I still don't have enlightening UMS to get a A I'm like14 off :frown:. Why is psychology so hard I used to love it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, I'm resitting Jan exam too. Jump from AS Pysch to A2 is big. :P
Reply 57
Original post by Cryl
Aww, I'm resitting Jan exam too. Jump from AS Pysch to A2 is big. :P

not as big as the jump from GCSE to AS in general :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
not as big as the jump from GCSE to AS in general :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I managed that. AS Psychology was just remembering stuff. Here, you have to write everything in time as well remember 3x more stuff. :'(
Reply 59
Original post by Cryl
Yeah but I managed that. AS Psychology was just remembering stuff. Here, you have to write everything in time as well remember 3x more stuff. :'(

That's true

I'm just really worried like I never know if you just talk about the study or what

Could someone give my tips on how to structure my essays :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending