The Student Room Group

Best UKCAT Book for revision! Pls recommend

Hi guys,

Could anyone please recomment me a really good UKCAT book for revision?
So confused and unsure about which book to buy.

Thank you
Original post by Tweety4
Hi guys,

Could anyone please recomment me a really good UKCAT book for revision?
So confused and unsure about which book to buy.

Thank you

The 600Q one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yes search amazon for Ics 600q.
Also if you have money check out the "score higher on the ukcat" book by Kaplan. It has two practice tests inside as well as a few more hints tips etc. But the ICS one is a must buy.
Personally I thnk doing well on the ukcat is more about practice rather than revision. You would probably benefit well with medify also if that's an option.

Its very early btw. You don't want to use up all your resources to soon before the test. Focus on your exams for now
Reply 3
Thank you for the reply. I am doing 2rd year biomed! Going to apply for graduate entry medicine next year. Thats why I thought I might aswell start practicing it from now on.

Yes I have bought the ICS 600, i also wanted to buy the score higher kaplan book, bcoz they look equally good. what do u guys say?

And can i also know more about medify! Sorry really dnt knw much abt it!
(edited 11 years ago)
This needs to be moved out the current students and doctors section :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Tweety4
Thank you for the reply. I am doing 2rd year biomed! Going to apply for graduate entry medicine next year. Thats why I thought I might aswell start practicing it from now on.

Yes I have bought the ICS 600, i also wanted to buy the score higher kaplan book, bcoz they look equally good. what do u guys say?

if you're graduate do you not have to go the gamsat instead ????
Reply 6
Original post by wtpcarr
if you're graduate do you not have to go the gamsat instead ????

Depends which unis you're applying to.
Original post by Tweety4

Don't start revising just yet, it only really needs a couple of weeks and if you start too early you'll run out of questions.
Reply 8
Original post by Tweety4

Prioritise. Second year exams are your priority right now, not revising for the UKCAT. If you bomb second year exams (my friends and I found 2nd year to be the hardest btw), you'll find it difficult to be predicted a 2:1 which will mean none of the UKCAT GEPs will accept you.

It's February, concentrate on nailing your courseworks, then on revising for your exams. If that goes well, then start preparing for the UKCAT over the summer and aim to do it at the end of August. It doesn't need months and months of preparation, a few weeks is sufficient.
Reply 9
600Q, but I imagine many will be outdated with the new SJT type questions.
Reply 10
600Q definitely.
I found the questions in the book to be quite a bit harder than what you get in the real test, particularly the shape questions. The exception to this is the data interpretation code questions which I thought were a little bit easier than what I got in my real test. But it is very good practice.

Also make use of all the online resources, the UKCAT website itself has some practice tests and Kaplan give you one free test, as well as other websites. But again I thought practically every resource I found to be more difficult than the final test, not that I did amazingly - i got 690, but I was very panicked after doing pretty badly in most of the practices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending