The Student Room Group

Guys: What do you think of feminine girls?

I'm quite a girly girl and I was just wondering what guys (and girls!) thought of that. I know it's sometimes associated with weakness which is what sparked my desire to ask this question. :smile:I came across a Youtuber who I is very girly like myself to give you a better idea. So I'm going to link you to a video of hers if that is okay? :smile:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAA9Le2N5ugThank you. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This thread has just been published, just going to bump it. :smile:
If you have a vagina that's always a good bonus.

Not but seriously I'm not bothered as long as I'm attracted to them and they're not overly annoying about girly ****.
Reply 3
I'm attracted to them, but I don't really get on with them typically. So I like girls who are superficially girly.
Reply 4
Going off past experience and even just looking out a window, no matter what they say most guys tend to go for super girly girls.

I think it's fine if you dress girly or like "girly" things, but the girl in the video is extremely annoying in the way she talks and acts. She sounds about five.
I love girly girls and I'm a guy :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are different and like different things. All that you can do is be yourself.

Some men go for girly girls in a big way, others would be very put off.

I'm pretty un-girly, very rarely make an effort with my appearance, don't do my hair or make up or anything. My boyfriend says that's one of the first things that made him know he wanted me, but other guys would be repulsed.

also, it's very difficult to judge attractiveness from that video because the girl was doing a video about her appearance. If she was like that all the time I would want to wipe her off the face of the planet, but I'm sure she has other stuff going on in her head and has plenty of other topics of conversation.
I love "girly girls" but would much prefer a "womanly woman" if you get what I mean : a independent girl who has her own aspirations and is intelligent not a meek submissive doormat who is ditsy , appearance obsessed , clingy and relies on you too much.
Reply 8
I love girly girls. I like her to be shy and clingy too!
Reply 9
I quite like them. :wink:
Reply 10
i like girly girls...
Reply 11
I'd prefer a woman, if your going to constantly taking 3hours to get ready, have a shower for a decade, talk to me about excessive clothes shopping then no thanks, I like musicians as girls, women as girls and independent women as girls.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I love "girly girls" but would much prefer a "womanly woman" if you get what I mean : a independent girl who has her own aspirations and is intelligent not a meek submissive doormat who is ditsy , appearance obsessed , clingy and relies on you too much.

This
Original post by Robbie242
I'd prefer a woman, if your going to constantly taking 3hours to get ready, have a shower for a decade, talk to me about excessive clothes shopping then no thanks, I like musicians as girls, women as girls and independent women as girls.

I wasn't thinking of it that way. My girlfriend isn't much into shopping, and she can get ready in five minutes if needed (both of which I really like). It's more the way she looks and carries herself which is quite girly, she smiles and laughs a lot and is kinda shy, not at all aggressive, couldn't ever see her fighting anyone. I'm basically attracted to very feminine qualities, so it's good to have those without the love of shopping, etc.
Original post by lovex
I'm quite a girly girl and I was just wondering what guys (and girls!) thought of that. I know it's sometimes associated with weakness which is what sparked my desire to ask this question. :smile:

I came across a Youtuber who I is very girly like myself to give you a better idea. So I'm going to link you to a video of hers if that is okay? :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAA9Le2N5ug

Thank you. :smile:

I think it's nice, but it's a dying breed. Don't get me wrong I find appeal in tomboys and girls who can be just-one-of-the-guys but it's been a while since I've dated a proper 'girly girl'! :redface:
A real woman. Too many women trying act like blokes about these days. Each to their own of course but i find feminine women attractive.

You know i once opened a door for a woman whilst on a date and she said "i can open a door for myself you know, i dnt need a man to look after me". Was very tempting to slam the door in her face lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Thank you for all of your replies. :smile:

I'm also curious of the general consensus regarding girly kind of clothes, too? Although your opinions won't affect the way I dress I am just wondering. :smile: I'm 18 myself and I see girls always wearing leggings, leather jackets, shirts, studs on everything and leather boots. It seems even the highstreet has realised this and has adapted their range of clothing to satisfy this demand. I personally prefer wearing floaty kind of tops with skinny jeans or even floral print dresses and skirts in the summer. Clothing with bow detailing and in pretty, pastel colours appeals to me much more than the clothing worn by the majority of girls around my age.

I worry about being seen as dressing childish or granny-ish (two very different extremes!)
Reply 17
I like whatever I like, I can't box what I like into a sentence or phrase because it's so subjective and diverse. However, the Youtuber there seems a bit too girly-sweety-rabbits-cuddles-and-petticoat-buttons for what I'm usually attracted to.

Original post by lovex
Thank you for all of your replies.
:smile:

I'm also curious of the general consensus regarding girly kind of clothes, too? Although your opinions won't affect the way I dress I am just wondering. :smile: I'm 18 myself and I see girls always wearing leggings, leather jackets, shirts, studs on everything and leather boots. It seems even the highstreet has realised this and has adapted their range of clothing to satisfy this demand. I personally prefer wearing floaty kind of tops with skinny jeans or even floral print dresses and skirts in the summer. Clothing with bow detailing and in pretty, pastel colours appeals to me much more than the clothing worn by the majority of girls around my age.

I worry about being seen as dressing childish or granny-ish (two very different extremes!)

I kind of like that old-fashioned kind of look. The studs and jackets and high heels isn't as appealing, oddly.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't claim to know anything about fashion but I really like what the girl in the video has on. It's a classic and classy look, in my opinion.

Generally, I don't have a preference but I know what I like when I see it and I like what she's wearing.

Original post by formanmark
You know i once opened a door for a woman whilst on a date and she said "i can open a door for myself you know, i dnt need a man to look after me". Was very tempting to slam the door in her face lol

I wish you had. I hate women like that. I hold the door open for men as well, if the situation arises. I'm not giving the women any special treatment. A small minority of girls just like to cause a scene, I think.
Reply 19
Primarily masculine men will go for typically feminine women. The polarity is what creates sexual attraction. Some men are more neutral and some are more feminine. But it's safe to say most men are masculine and go for feminine girls, i.e. "girly girls". My experience, from looking at couples, says the same.

I expect some guys to say "I hate that whiny ****" or "they can be feminine as long as they're not annoying". Bottom line is that ever personality type comes with positives and negatives. It's the same emotions that make women both very loving and potentially clingy. It's the same wild feelings and frustration that makes her both potentially act 'crazy' and very good in bed. She might be overly fond of staying in and not going out clubbing, but then again she makes a lovely, clean home where you enjoy spending time. Of course this is all seen in positives - there are girls who have all those negatives but few of the positives - they are slobs and not taking care of themselves. That is clearly a bad situations - the same as a masculine man being aggressive and competitive (male attributes) but not having any sense of authority or desire to protect you. You want the positives with the negatives.
Not meaning to offend anyone here, but I've observed many girls in feminist countries like Britain, who want the benefits of a masculine man but aren't really putting their best feminine features forward. Most men do in fact go for feminine girls, but it requires a little bit of effort too.
I am probably what you'd call a girly girl. I'm not always walking around in dresses, but I often wear heels, dangling earrings and generally something feminine. I have a typical feminine mindset, and every man I'm attracted to will have a very masculine mindset. I am very caring and giving with a man I care about but I can get caught up in my emotions and therefore benefit from a man who can 'pull me down to earth'. This type of polarity works really well - the men who ask me out are typically ver masculine in mindset - ambitious, adventorous, more logical than emotional, slightly 'harder', extroverted (I'm an introvert) and so on. I think everybody should act according to their natural selves - it's the only way to find your best match.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending