The Student Room Group

Thursday 7 March 2013 A-Level results - haven't done as well as you hoped?

Scroll to see replies

Did pretty well in my AS resist and got AAA overall , however one business exam I completely flopped , and got 56/100 ums , bare in mind I got the second highest grade in my class last year... I reckon they've missed a question out or something so I'm sending off for a remark ... Anyway guys its not the end of the world if you've done bad... I worked my ass off after getting AS results last year, and it's really paid off :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I got 98 in biol4, 85 in stats2 but 91 in chem4 so I am 5 marks off of an A. I am really stressing out because my offer at UCL for biology is AAA! I did all the past papers for chem4, all the chapter questions and read through all my notes daily for 3 months. Now I'm really worried that I can't get the 84% average that I need from the EMPA and chem5. ....panicking.
I don't know what to do, any ideas?
Original post by MirandaS
I got 98 in biol4, 85 in stats2 but 91 in chem4 so I am 5 marks off of an A. I am really stressing out because my offer at UCL for biology is AAA! I did all the past papers for chem4, all the chapter questions and read through all my notes daily for 3 months. Now I'm really worried that I can't get the 84% average that I need from the EMPA and chem5. ....panicking.

Woahhh well done on the bio4 ! And get a Remark first of all to make sure that its correct , if it comes back the same do more revision :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Excellent post, but aren't January exams being scrapped from now?

Thanks, that's a good point. I've made a slight tweak to the OP. :yy:
I got an A in Maths C1 (84/100) and B in Economics Unit 1 (73/100)
I thought the maths went really well and was expecting to get a bit higher, I was thinking about a resit but it's maths where the chances of having it marked wrong are quite low. I'm requesting the script and I'll retake it in summer. For economics, i was expecting lower so i'm happy with the B but I'm requesting the script for this too I might send it for remark anyway because i might be able to get a few more marks and the weighting on this score is quite heavy as it is half the AS. Probably going to resit it though.
Anybody think £47.00 is excessive to get someone to remark your paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Had my worst ever results day! A Physics exam that I thought I aced, I ended up getting a D! Was absolutely devastated. What cheered my up a bit was I can spell "dude" from my General Studies A-Level result... Managed to get 28% in one of the A2 General Studies exams too! Oops
Original post by WJRA
Our whole year did awfully in English Lit (AQA) if anyone's interested. Nobody really knows what went wrong since the majority of people were awarded a mark which was about 2-3 grades lower than they had previously been getting.

I did badly in English Lit (AQA) too, getting a D instead of the predicted A. Thought the exam went well which just makes it so much worse
Original post by avipsita
Ya I didn't do that well for chemistry. I thought the test went super well came out with a D I am predicted an A what am I going to doo??

me too, i thought it went amazingly, came out the exam, checked the unoffical students markscheme on here, and only lost about 8 marks, meaning i should have still got an a, but actually got a c, wtf :s-smilie:
Reply 29
Absolutely devastated, I need help/advice. Can anyone help me? Predicted 3 A's and got 3 C's.. (Maths, Biology OCR and Chemistry OCR) I actually don't know what to do now. Retake? Resit? Is it possible to push this up to an A without retaking? ...... Thanks.

P.S anyone got the mark schemes?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
I'm pissed off about Edexcel Physics unit 4 they decided to make the boundaries the highest they have EVER been causing a lot of people to get poor grades because of the insane boundaries. I put in work every single day from christmas and words cannot describe how angry and shocked i was when i read i got a D. I did no work last year and pulled of D's this time i tried my very best did all the papers, extra questions, attended revision sessions and got a D???!! whats the justice in this? I'm so hurt what the ****.
Reply 31
I can't believe my English Literature result. I got 71/120 - D, but a C is 72/120. I was hoping for a B, and put a lot more into it. I got higher in my original exam back in June and I was hardly hitting the AOs at all. I really do think there is some shoddy marking going on.

I'm gonna put a remark seen as it's so close to boundary, worth it?
Original post by avipsita
Ya I didn't do that well for chemistry. I thought the test went super well came out with a D I am predicted an A what am I going to doo??

Same thing happened to me and my mates, every past paper A then go into exam thought it was decent apart from calculations expecting an A or B minimum and came out with a high c :s-smilie:
Reply 33
Original post by JackJack
I can't believe my English Literature result. I got 71/120 - D, but a C is 72/120. I was hoping for a B, and put a lot more into it. I got higher in my original exam back in June and I was hardly hitting the AOs at all. I really do think there is some shoddy marking going on.

I'm gonna put a remark seen as it's so close to boundary, worth it?

You on OCR?
Original post by MirandaS

same with chem, i got 95. just have to redo chem 2 cause its worth 23 percent of overall grade, whereas unit 4 is worth 20. maybe u can do the same? x may i know how u revised for bio 4 ? i completely flunked.
Reply 35
Original post by Tweek
You on OCR?

no AQA Eng Lit A
Reply 36
Got a D in biology...I just don't understand how I can do better, the papers are ridiculous
Reply 37
Original post by JackJack
no AQA Eng Lit A

Loads of people seem to have really low grades on that even though they got far higher in the original. It's worth mentioning that to your teacher.

Might be a problem concurrent with Literature because I got a B the first time round with little revision on OCR, this year only just avoided a D when I used far more quotes/context/etc.

Having it returned as I'm not happy. If you know you should have done better mention it because everyone seems to be going through the same right now.
Received an E, 21 marks for AS OCR Economics and a U, 35 marks for AS OCR Business Studies.

I thought I did well in both the exams especially in Economics. I revised a lot for them.

I'm going to recall both papers and go through them with each teacher.

Target grades for both were D. It's annoying because I enjoy Economics so much and do well at it and always answer questions. I have no idea what could have gone wrong for both subjects.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Got a D in my Economics Unit 1 exam, which wasn't too brilliant D: I know I'll be in my exam hall for one extra time in June!
But on the bright side, it was a B for my Accounting Unit 1 exam, which I'm both pleased and relieved about!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest